T.V. shows you've been watching

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
nah the first two seasons were just damn good Star Trek vibes. The characters were well written, the action was good, there was a lot of good standalone episodes. It did a better job of being a modern day Star Trek than Discovery ever did.

That may well be so, I admittedly have never watched the show (nor Discovery) and formulated my opinion entirely based on how punchable his face looked.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What the hell is up with Tales from the Crypt? Not available anywhere to stream (including HBO Max) either included with a service or for purchase, nor are there any DVD sets for sale that aren't from weirdos trying to price gouge people. What jerk off owns the rights and is sitting on the series hoping to somehow many money on something they aren't collecting money from?

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What the hell is up with Tales from the Crypt? Not available anywhere to stream (including HBO Max) either included with a service or for purchase, nor are there any DVD sets for sale that aren't from weirdos trying to price gouge people. What jerk off owns the rights and is sitting on the series hoping to somehow many money on something they aren't collecting money from?

It looks like they're all on youtube, I see two large playlists purporting to have every episode.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
That entire show feels like Seth McFarlane using his money to virtue signal progressive values as loudly as he can to make up for his well-earned reputation as an edgelordy Fuckboy Supreme.

If you like Enterprise era Trek, you'd probably like Orville.

I don't know, first season of Orville was very awkward and such a Seth jerkfest I really couldn't believe my lyin eyes. Thought it was an attempt at a meta joke.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't know, first season of Orville was very awkward and such a Seth jerkfest I really couldn't believe my lyin eyes. Thought it was an attempt at a meta joke.

see this is exactly what I was afraid of

it might be brilliant, I'll never know because I don't want to watch his face do anything except get punched

Nice, thanks!

my pleasure, kiddies!!!!! heeeheheeeheeheheheheheeeeheehee

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It pretty much was a meta joke at first, but in my opinion it worked precisely because it was better Trek with dick and fart jokes.

Now it's political dogma not even trying to be concealed with flashing lights and makeup. What a waste.

BTB, wife and I watched a DVD I got from a fellow forumer on another music board, Tales from the Crypt and Vault of Horror, both from the early seventies. Fantastic concept. Both movies were based on old magazine stories. The basic premise is a group of people come together, and they don't have any real idea why. Slowly, they go around the group and tell the story of how they ended up there. Of course, each of them is reliving their death scenario, mostly with a heavy dash of how they deserved it. Really a fun watch for a horror movie. The effects were super cool for the time. The zombie dude looked better than most zombies do now. The only real complaint is that the blood always looked like plain old red paint, but that's really the only thing that stood out to me as bad about them.

SCJR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just finished Severance and I think it pretty much lives up to the hype. I don't usually bother with the dystopian tech society-based stuff as it all seems kinda samey but the writing was so good and the show is so perfectly paced.

MickD7

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ending of Stranger Things was really good
This season killed it on the music front, don’t get me wrong the season in general was solid as well but god damn the music really brought it home for me in a big way. I couldn’t stand the way season 3 worked out with the “montage” shots.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Finished Peaky Blinders the other day. Not sure how to feel about it. The end felt pretty appropriate and satisfying but seems like there were a lot of loose threads they left in case they want to come back to it in the future.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Trailer Park Boys for the 1 millionth time.

There's an indescribable sense of dread that comes from watching the boys make the same mistakes over and over, all the while promising themselves things are going to change, that is sharply accentuated with multiple viewings. Like Nietzsche's eternal return.... of shit. Eternal shit return, Rand.

It's a truly brilliant show that I never get tired of watching.

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
There was a cameo of the sword of atlantis from Conan the Barbarian in the last episode of stranger things.

mongey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Finished Peaky Blinders the other day. Not sure how to feel about it. The end felt pretty appropriate and satisfying but seems like there were a lot of loose threads they left in case they want to come back to it in the future.
I really enjoy the first few seasons of it. Then somewhere along the way I realized I really had no idea what was going on anymore. Always planned to go back to it one day

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really enjoy the first few seasons of it. Then somewhere along the way I realized I really had no idea what was going on anymore. Always planned to go back to it one day

I got about as far some years back, I thought it started strong but I was really tired of the main character by that time. I normally like Cillian Murphy a lot, I just don't think the writing was to my taste. He's a better creepy dude. Scarecrow, Red Eye, etc.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Caught the end of Kenobi. It's really dumb and pointless. It's incredible that this is the story they wanted to tell, when it's so incredibly needless and doesn't actually advance anything about the characters involved.

mongey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Watched the the final 2 stranger things.

I liked it all said and done , but how many hours of tv in a season and it pretty much just ends where it started, with little to no character development.