Symphony X - Sea of Lies

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Sumsar, Aug 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

Hi guys, did a cover of the good old classic Symphony X song, Sea of Lies. I covered the whole track, though drums and keys are samples - also I did the whole song in E instead of D.

Michael Romeo and Symphony X was probably the reason I got into playing electric guitar. Up untill that point that I heard them (when I was 13 or 14 I believe) I played classical guitar, but boy, did Romeo make me wanna swicth :lol:
    All these years later I still listen to their albums and play some of there songs. This one is a almost like a youtube classic, with the old 'The Guitar Chapter' DVD playthrough with mMchael being some of the first stuff I watched on the platform.

Samark, Edika, Mathemagician and 5 others like this.
  2. Dyingsea

Dyingsea SS.org Regular

Can't see the video right now but just wanted to agree "The Guitar Chapter" is a great. Romeo's name tends to get lost sometimes when talking about the greats but he has really carved a niche in the neoclassical realm and has his own unique style within which is tough to do.

fps and Sumsar like this.
  3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Super well done. Love that song and album.

Sumsar likes this.
  4. Pietjepieter

Pietjepieter SS.org Regular

That's cool, not a easy thing to do, kudos for you!

Also damn trip down memory lane, used to listen to this album so much back in the day, cool to hear it again!

5. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

Thanks a lot! Yeah that whole album is awesome from a guitar players point of view. Musically I enjoy V more though - but maybe that is just because I have listened so much to divine wings of tragedy.