Sweetwater Musician's All Access Card

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had one of these and what they thought / experiences with it. Huge fan of Sweetwater, never had a bad experience with them but my credit is damn near perfect and I'm always leery about things like this. :ugh:

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, allows for no interest payments etc. Just wondering if there's something here I'm missing...

jc986

Tone Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had one since 2005 and never had any trouble. I've made many purchases using it to take advantage of no interest promos.

Just make sure to have the promo balance paid before the promo period is up and you're good to go.

jwiltz2072

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just got approved for mine. I just have to wait until the Pod HD Pro is back in stock before I make my first purchase.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I have one, hard to beat their financing. Most stuff is 24 months, when I bought my Jazzmaster they had a week long special at 36 months with 0% interest. Just pay it off before the promo ends and it is a great deal.

jmeezle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought my Ibanez TAM10 with the 24 months no interest offer. There are no catches, just make sure you pay off the balance within the 24 month timeframe!

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Yea, allows for no interest payments etc. Just wondering if there's something here I'm missing...

I recently signed up for it. The interest is crazy high after the "no interest" period, so as long as it's paid off before then it seems decent - it's through "General Electric Credit".

I bought a mesa product - 6 mos no interest on those. the Fender stuff is 24 months right now. If you exceed the X months period, expect to get hit with massive back interest etc. I bought a pretty inexpensive item i can pay off at any time, i wouldn't want to buy something that i couldn't pay off if say i lost my job or something considering the crazy interest after the no interest period.

BornToLooze

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
With these is it like layaway where you don't get it until you finish paying it off?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Nope, you get the product just like buying with any other credit card.

Der JD

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have it and use it. It's a good deal. No interest and as long as you make the min. payments it will help build your credit score.

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that if you make a late payment they'll start hitting you with the interest so you have to be careful. Like I said...not entirely sure about that so make sure to read the fine print.

Orren

Industrial Metalhead
Reaction score
I have had one since 2005 and never had any trouble. I've made many purchases using it to take advantage of no interest promos.
Just make sure to have the promo balance paid before the promo period is up and you're good to go.

Yup, same experience here. The "all access card" is basically a revolving line of credit, financed by General Electric Financial. So just like others are saying, it's exactly like paying with a credit card—it's just a credit card that you can only use at Sweetwater. And if you don't pay it off before the deadline, you'll be charged interest, just like a credit card.

Here's my suggestion of the most responsible way to use your card and get your interest free offer:

After you buy whatever it is you are buying with the 12/24/36 months interest-free offer, figure out exactly what the minimum amount you'll need to pay every month in order to have your order completely paid off before interest kicks in. For example, if you bought something for $1200, and the deal was 24-months interest free, the minimum to pay it all off is $50/month. Then go to GE Financial's website (you'll get the URL when you sign up) and set up a monthly auto-payment from your regular bank account (checking or savings, either should work) to pull the minimum every month. That way, you'll never have to worry you'll accidentally miss a payment or be late and end up charged interest.

Orren

viesczy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
SW card is great, take advantage of the no interest time and just have it paid off the 1 month prior (to give yourself some wiggle room).

SW is THE PLACE!

Derek

lewstherin006

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I signed up for one when I got my JP7. I have 36 months of no interest. Im pretty close to paying it off and I have only had my JP7 for a few months. Just make sure you pay it off before your no interested months are up like everyone else is saying. So feed that GAS!

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
I got my first order from them yesterday, was pretty impressed with the overall transaction. Seems they try pretty hard to keep you coming back, and i probably will.