Swamp ash body with BKP Aftermath?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by bnbooner, Oct 13, 2012.

1. bnbooner

bnbooner New Member

I'm considering getting a guitar built, i asked if the company could do swamp ash body bolt-on rosewood neck, but with aftermaths would it have way too strong of a mid range? should i go with cold sweats instead or change the body wood to basswood and keep aftermaths?

2. Rook

Rook Electrifying

No that'd be fine for anything above about a B. if you plan in tuning lower then maybe the Miracle Man or CS or decent considerations.

3. Berti_smb

Berti_smb Grindmachine

I wanted to post a thread like this because i have similar problem.

I have a swamp ash body, with maple/mahogany/maple/mahogany/maple set neck, will be tuned to B standard, half step down, drop A and similar tunings. I will be playing death metal/grindcore stuff, but also dowtuned stuff like periphery, monuments... I wanted to go for aftermath, do you suggest any other humbucker?

4. USMC_OriginalSin

USMC_OriginalSin Semper Fidelis

My custom (due to begin build in a week or so) is set to have an ash body and a bolt on rosewood/maple/rosewood/maple/rosewood neck with an aftermath in the bridge. The luthier hasn't expressed any negative concerns about it