Swallows (post-rockish, ambient, experimental, TMF, Lepou, etc)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by arsenic, Feb 19, 2012.

1. arsenic

arsenic &

So I was commissioned to do this track for a short film (which I hope I can share soon). Clean guitars are pod and distorted tones are Lepou (mainly Lextac, if I recall correctly), while using the framus impulse from the Sperimental pack. Drums are S2.0, mainly Metal Foundry but I overdubbed some Toms from Hit Factory and Allaire as well. There's also a bit of a local folk music influence. And I got someone to track me some real violins :)

Thoughts?

Hope you enjoy it!

Swallows by Juan Herrera on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

revclay likes this.
  2. Seamless

Seamless Well-Known Member

That was really weird. But kinda awesome.

I'm interested in seeing the footage for it, for sure :]

3. arsenic

arsenic &

Cheers mate :)
    So do I haha, the guys were for the odd (or I suppose, unusual... at least to me) route of giving me a bit of an outline of what they wanted and what they're planning for the film so I could write the track and then use it as a basis for editing instead of the other way round... so I can't wait to see how it's going to turn out. They were really happy with the song tho!

4. revclay

revclay SS.org Regular

That was really cool. I am very curious to see the visuals that they come up with to match the music. That seems rather peculiar to base their edits off a piece music rather than the other way around. Either way, the song was really cool and unique. It will make great soundtrack music.

5. arsenic

arsenic &

Glad you like it man!
    Also :bump: