Superior Drummer 3, quick question

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by patdavidmusic, Jun 15, 2018.

1. patdavidmusic

patdavidmusic SS.org Regular

Hey all,
    Thanks for checking the thread out, quick question for superior drummer 3 owners
    Just double checking, if I have a terrible midi programmed drum track,
    can I use Superior Drummer 3, to analyse the track and replace with SD3 grooves?

Or would I still need to reprogram every hit,
    -Massive amateur when it comes to drummer programming-
    Thanks for your help,

Pat

2. Grindspine

Grindspine likes pointy things

I know that EZ drummer can analyze the track and suggest MIDI replacement parts. I recently installed SD and think that it can also do the same.

patdavidmusic likes this.
  3. drmosh

drmosh Sir Paul of the Mosh Contributor

oh shit I didn't even know that. Where is the option?

4. patdavidmusic

dude thank you so much!
    I thought this was an option but I wasn't 100% sure, downloading SD3 now, thanks again!

5. Rational Gaze

Rational Gaze LithiumDawn Voicebox

Yep. Superior 3's tracker feature is kind of amazing. The way it works is you will put the old drum track in (I assume it's a stereo bounce of the midi drums), and you will multiply it based on the kit pieces you are using (one per kick, snare, toms, etc.). It will look for each kit piece relative to the original track and map it out in Midi for you on the bottom, per track as well. You can then individually affect how it looks for the hits as well, so that you are not accidentally detecting hits that aren't the kit piece you are detecting. You can keep doing this until you have what you need. Then you can drag the detected midi parts out of SD3 into your DAW, or keep them in there, whatever works.

I was actually able to upgrade one of my old band's drum tracks from what our drummer played in the studio, straight out of the stereo bounce. It took some time, but it got it down pretty accurately, down to the velocity.

SD3 is pretty fucking special.

patdavidmusic likes this.
  6. patdavidmusic

Holy Cow that is amazing, thank you so much for taking the time to write, I will do exactly that with my EP,
    I'm so excited to get it all happening now thank you!