Superior 2.0 Multi-Out to Logic HELP!!

dsgn09

Reaction score
Hey guys -

So I am trying to set up S2.0 to do multi-channel output.

Whenever I set up my channel, I go to the mixer, and attempt to change the outputs of my drum mics. However, when I go to select the outs, they are all mono (Output 1, Output 2, Output 3, etc.) instead of stereo (Output 3-4, Output 5-6, etc.).

When I create my aux channel strips, I am able to select stereo outputs (Superior Drummer Output 3-4, Superior Drummer Output 5-6, etc.), but there is no option to select the mono tracks (S D Output 1, S D Output 2, etc.).

Can anybody help me? :wallbash:

I am using the N.Y. Avatar kit only.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-12 at 12.00.11 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-12 at 12.00.11 AM.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen shot 2011-01-12 at 12.00.55 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-12 at 12.00.55 AM.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 16

Winspear

Tom Winspear
Reaction score
What is your desired routing here?

I also do not have All Mono ticked, but my S20 outputs do show as stereo pairs. Odd..Infact, I can't even get them to show as mono if I do tick the box.

I'm not using Logic, but I don't think this should be a problem..except on the overheads etc. You should be using mono on all but those.

I used stereo pairs and panning because Mono wasn't available to me when I wanted it. Kick panned left, out 1/2, snare panned right, out 1/2. Sonar allowed me to select either side as an input, so kick was input 1 snare was input 2.

dsgn09

Reaction score
The problem is that I can't seem to route anything to my aux channels because the outputs I select in s2.0 are not available as inputs in my mixer in logic. In the mixer, they all show up as stereo, so It all just sounds weird, and I can't route the kick at all.

All I want to do is reset it back to default, because I think that It was stereo at one point.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Umm IMO it shouldn't even be like "Out 5 and 6", but "Out 5" which is stereo on your DAW. That being said, I really don't know what your problem actually is.

Winspear

Tom Winspear
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help - really not sure what the problem is! Like I said I'm not using Logic so maybe I'm wrong, but it confuses me that you are using auxes. Why not just use a mono audio track and set the input on that?

Winspear

Tom Winspear
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help - really not sure what the problem is! Like I said I'm not using Logic so maybe I'm wrong, but it confuses me that you are using auxes. Why not just use a mono audio track and set the input on that?

dsgn09

Reaction score

It's okay, at least you replied haha

I cant use audio track because when i try to select an input there are no inputs from Superior Drummer available.

I use auxes because (honestly) every tutorial I have seen has done it. Usually when you go into multichannel, logic will automatically route each virtual mic from superior into your mixer as it's own independent channel strip for you to add any fx, compression, you want.

My problem is that I cannot select any working outputs out of superior drummer nor can I select the mono tracks that S2.0 says it has the drums assigned to. if that makes sense.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 10.43.07 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 10.43.07 AM.png
    504.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 10.43.31 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-13 at 10.43.31 AM.png
    471 KB · Views: 8

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I bet you have clicked the "Multichannel" in superior drummer instead of routing every output to a different channel or?

Wish I could help you, but I really don't have logic. :/

Winspear

Tom Winspear
Reaction score
Ok so Logic uses auxes for virtual instruments :yesway:

Forgetting the mono issue for the moment, I don't know why you can't select 1-2. You have some drums routed to 4 and 5 though and can select those. Can you get that working?

Maybe you should take this to the Logic forum and the Toontrack forum and see if you have any luck :)

Kurk - I think that Stereo and Multichannel are just presets for a bunch of already set up outputs - it doesn't actually change anything. EDIT: Saying that, I am watching a video where a guy says you HAVE to click Multichannel to make it work. Don't know if he's right or not.

Here's the video, hope it helps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiObpwypB1g

dsgn09

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I feel like there is something in logic that im missing completely. I wish I had digital performer working, i'd try it there.

I tried resetting my preferences and everything, but nothing has worked thus far to get my routing working. I mean i guess I can always just do stereo output instead of multichannel, but I really wanna work with my drum sound.

Winspear

Tom Winspear
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I feel like there is something in logic that im missing completely. I wish I had digital performer working, i'd try it there.

I tried resetting my preferences and everything, but nothing has worked thus far to get my routing working. I mean i guess I can always just do stereo output instead of multichannel, but I really wanna work with my drum sound.

Don't settle for stereo, get this working :yesway:

Did the video not help? Looks to me as though S2.0 in Logic will always show the outputs as stereo pairs - just like in Sonar. I guess that's how it's meant to be.
Apart from 1-2, can you select the others as inputs in Logic?
You could route SD like this:
Kick 3-4 panned left
Snare 3-4 panned right
etc.
And inputs in Logic:
Kick in 3-4
Snare in 3-4

That will work how you desire. Maybe Logic doesn't offer mono inputs from the softsynth. In Sonar I am able to select 1-2 or 1 or 2 3-4 3 or 4 etc, but I think Sonar splits it like that for you. It's coming out of my S2.0 in stereo pairs.

EDIT: Scrap that...The panning thing doesn't work - I didn't think it through!

dsgn09

Reaction score
FIXED

I uninstalled superior, then reinstalled it and updated. everything works fine now.

That was weird as hell though, everything was all funky. Thanks for the help though, guys!!

Winspear

Tom Winspear
Reaction score
Just realised you need to insert a mono aux to be able to select a mono input. Likewise with the stereo auxes. Are you doing that?

EDIT: Good to know! :)