Sumac (Members of Isis, Russian Circles, Baptists)

TheKindred

TimeTravel Innovator
Reaction score
I've managed to catch two Sumac shows here in Vancouver (helps that they're essentially a local band) and, fwiw, the live show put the recordings to shame. They have some killer energy and sound.

bhakan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've managed to catch two Sumac shows here in Vancouver (helps that they're essentially a local band) and, fwiw, the live show put the recordings to shame. They have some killer energy and sound.
I'm so stoked that they're hitting Philly with Neurosis later this summer. That show will be insane.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
So awesome! I'm super stoked to hear their new album. I wonder if this is coming out before the new Russian Circles album?

Cnev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
One of my favorite metal bands at the moment, and that new song is ridiculous.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just stumbled upon What One Becomes and I am blown away by it on the 2nd listen, particularly "Clutch Of Oblivion" :metal:

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
AOTY.

Completely amazing, I don't think I've ever used god-tier to describe an album before now.

Album officially released today, available on 2xLP :yesway:

bhakan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh ...., didn't know today was the release date. From the two songs I've heard so far it sounds like its gonna be a step up from The Deal which I already absolutely loved.

Cnev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, their new one is really ....ing impressive and a huge step up from their last. The drum tracking and mixing is honestly one of my favorites..ever. Incredibly huge, punchy and airy, just like a drumset should sound.

CGrant109

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hands-down my AOTY. This is being replayed constantly. Cannot wait to catch these guys live. I read somewhere that this album was recorded in an abandoned church? Fuggin metal :metal:, but it makes total sense considering how huge everything sounds on the album.