Suicide Silence singer dies in motorcycle crash

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I had a discussion of FB with Ross about drunk driving, and I guess I'll recap it here:

A.) Alcohol impairs your judgment. Duh. Is it surprising that people get behind the wheel after they've been drinking? Sadly, it isn't. Mitch made the choice to drink, and that choice led to everything that followed. I wouldn't say, "Fuck him for drunk driving," because that's a side-effect of drinking. If you're going to be sanctimonious, then vent against people who drink, because if you drink to the point of intoxication, given a long enough timeline, you will drive drunk. It comes with making irresponsible decisions while impaired.

B.) What sense does it make to put Mitch's death on a poster and condemn him? Everyone knows not to drink and drive, and still, hundreds of thousands of people the world over do it every day. It's related to my first point; drinking leads to stupid fucking decisions. I'm not one to push for abstinence, but I will point out my hypocrisy by saying that I enjoy getting trashed every few months. Do I make smart choices? Fuck no. I vomit, fall over myself, and have on occasion woken up in strange places semi-nude. I should be vilified, as should everyone else who has put themselves in such a position as to endanger themselves and everyone else around them by choosing to drink. I hope Kenadee Lucker doesn't Google her father when she's older, so she doesn't see all you vicious, cruel fuckers standing on your internet soapboxes talking out of your ass.

Mitch made a bad choice. It was a predictable choice, given his inebriation, but still a bad choice. My whole TL;DR thing would be that the bad choice wasn't to get on his bike, no, I'd place the blame squarely on him drinking. Had he not drank, he probably wouldn't have hit that pole. Same with Ryan Dunn, same with everyone who's had an accident while driving drunk. No one ever follows the chain of events to the source, though, and it burns my ass. The first error is always in drinking, and as I said, every bad decision that follows is merely the effect of that first cause.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
If Rick ever invites you to join his band, don't do it. It's a band of people, all right, but they're not into playing music, if you catch my drift....

CrownofWorms

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
To be honest, I really hope SS would continue. They are really tight guitar players. WTF was I thinking them being just some chug-core band like Chelsea Grin and Attack Attack! that just palm mutes on the low A string on the first 3 frets.

They have riffs that are kinda technical and are reminiscent to bands like Suffocation, Devourment ( They have other songs than Babykiller and the last album was just a chug fest), Disgorge, and even fucking some Nile and Cannibal Corpse. When they do chug, yes its Hardcore influenced. But it is also Meshuggah influenced( Chaosphere era mostly).

Now onto the Grind Influence. Holy Fuck, you wouldn't even notice the band as a Hot Topic Scencore/Deathcore band when you see that they have a grind aspect (like Nasum and Pig Destroyer).

They don't even like being called Deathcore and I see why. They really dislike the term and don't want to be associated with BMTH or Chelsea Grin

All of you are like "WTF its SS, they are generic Deathcore"
don't believe me, here:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'd like to see a new name. New vocalist with a totally different style, but just as energetic. Mitch is irreplaceable. The vocals, the lyrics, the stage presence, the attitude.

-sigh- This sucks so bad...

New name, call the album Suicide Silence. Or Lucker.

Certainly don't want the music to change; only evolve the way it has been for years. The Black Crown is absolutely brilliant.

Saber_777

///M
Reaction score

So fucking sad. I remember when my dad died when I was ten. I thought the world seriously ended. I cant imagine how his daughter and wife feel.

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
They have riffs that are kinda technical and are reminiscent to bands like Suffocation, Devourment ( They have other songs than Babykiller and the last album was just a chug fest), Disgorge, and even fucking some Nile and Cannibal Corpse. When they do chug, yes its Hardcore influenced. But it is also Meshuggah influenced( Chaosphere era mostly).

No need to make any more bands feel bad. Sheeeshhh

CrownofWorms

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No need to make any more bands feel bad. Sheeeshhh

Idk how those bands will feel bad having SS taking influence from them. Judging by how big they are. To many newcomers of Death metal that only know about SS will say "Oh wow they're wearing Devourment and Defeated Sanity, I must check em out"

Seriously, hearing influence of your band( say if your Suffocation) that's not all that huge to a newcoming band that's huge in the metal community( Suicide Silence) say's that you accomplished a lot and you weren't just some band that was lumped into all the of Death Metal bands of 92 that took the same stuff from a band that already mastered something 2 years ago (seriously alot of bands from 92 were trying to sound like the next wannabe Morbid Angel)

Equivoke

dickbut
Reaction score
Sucks. Watched one of the wedding videos, if they do continue they should ask Big C to do vocals.