Strat trem block question

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought a Fender Player Stratocaster HSS, and like it for the most part. However, I think the trem block is slightly off, making the trem arm difficult to screw in. Looking in the trem cavity in the back of the guitar, the block itself might be slightly crooked. Are there any options to get it aligned correctly without completely taking it apart and putting it back together?

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Congrats on the player man. Great guitars :yesway:

As far as the block being off: I think you have to remove the strings, in order to flip up the saddles, to get access to the Phillips screws that hold the block.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congrats on the player man. Great guitars :yesway:

As far as the block being off: I think you have to remove the strings, in order to flip up the saddles, to get access to the Phillips screws that hold the block.
I decided to just pull it all apart and see how it screws into just the block. It screws in much the same way. Is the threaded portion supposed to screw in all the way? It screws in maybe 1/3rd of the way.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got a pic?
Apparently, it is supposed to screw in a half dozen turns or so according to my sales rep at Sweetwater. The trem seems to work pretty well as far as returning to pitch is concerned. Since it is floating though, it takes a few times to get it in tune. I may buy one of those cheap trem blocks (it is basically a piece of metal holding a nut and bolt) so it is dive only.

Other than that, the only issue I am having is some buzzing on the G and D strings. My reading online seems to indicate it might be due to there being little / no break angle between the nut and tuner.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Does it have string trees? I’ve owned a ton of strats and have never had issues with fret buzz from the break angle. Not to say it’s impossible, but it might be something else. Since you got it from Sweetwater can you just return it and get another?

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does it have string trees? I’ve owned a ton of strats and have never had issues with fret buzz from the break angle. Not to say it’s impossible, but it might be something else. Since you got it from Sweetwater can you just return it and get another?
Well, it was a demo, so I dunno. The G, which has more of a buzz issue, is almost straight from nut to tuner. The D is slightly more angled, but has some buzz as well. I'm thinking that is the reason, but I'm going to talk to my sales rep to discuss it.