Strandberg neck through production model release date

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Musiscience, Sep 1, 2019.

1. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time

If only that rumored Kiesel+Strandberg licensing agreement had come to fruition, we could all be happy. Oh who am I kidding? This is SSO, nobody would be happy. :yesway:

XPT707FX, Musiscience and aesthyrian like this.
  2. bzhang9

bzhang9 SS.org Regular

when the novelty wears off people will realize a vader multi costs half as much for better quality

Koloss85, Musiscience and 777timesgod like this.
  3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire pointy purveyor

for real, all of my kiesels have been better in specs and general setup/fit/finish than both my OS8s and my strictly 7 boden. Plus they were cheaper..

Koloss85, Musiscience and Masoo2 like this.
  4. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

I dunno. I dunno if the bass has sold that well at around the same price point.
    From looking at social media and other forums the classic has sold really well.

5. Avedas

Avedas SS.org Regular

My initial hunch is that the bass hasn't sold amazingly, probably because it's expensive as shit. It's been on sale from a bunch of Digimart vendors over the last few months, and I've seen quite a few used ones pop up (although at like 90% of the retail price).

6. 777timesgod

777timesgod Officially the unofficial Forum Censor

The novelty will never wear off, if you have designer furniture -imported from Denmark probably- and own two or more Fedora hats you need a guitar to match.

Samark and Musiscience like this.
  7. Musiscience

Musiscience Hail the Ibbyborn!

Was that ever a thing? This would be a great solution. I think Schecter would have been a great option too as their Asian production volume is so large, and usually very good.

8. diagrammatiks

Thinking about it I think it's fine.

They never really made enough guitars to greatly expand their market share and the higher priced indo guitars aren't meant to do that anyway.

The way I see it is like...these are guitars for people that have already decided that a Strandberg is all they really want.

That's fine. From the fb group pretty much everyone that bought one or ordered one is a Strandberg lifer.

9. jco5055

jco5055 SS.org Regular

There are those few that have been like "I think I can't be a part of the Strandberg fam until it's not Indonesian" though lol.

10. laxu

laxu SS.org Regular

IMO they would have been better off just fixing the bolt on heel. There is no reason why it has to be so damn bulky or stick out so far up the neck. Both Kiesel and Skervesen manage to do it better, it's not rocket science. I don't see a neckthru model really adding anything to the lineup.

The other design issue with the current Strandbergs is the bridge. They need to figure out a better way to adjust intonation and string height or just ditch the custom hardware for ABM or Hipshot which again work better in this regard.

Wolfhorsky likes this.
  11. Promit

Promit SS.org Regular

This is exactly what I did. Chose an open box just to be extra polite about it, and liked the neck but had some objections to the model I'd chosen (Original 7 red) anyway. Went out and found a used model at a great price that is well in line with the quality and origin of the guitar.

I know you can option out a decent Kiesel for the price of a new strandberg, but it's not a lot of options once you choose Fishmans and a separate top. (To be fair, Kiesel uses a real top when you do this rather than strandberg's veneer.) I dislike the Vader body shape too.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  12. Richter

Richter SS.org Regular

If I recall, only standards and the old OS series have veneers

13. Soya

Soya Poor person

My 2015 OS7 had a full flame maple cap.

14. diagrammatiks

once you add on top and chambering to match the os or original/prog specs it's actually not that much of a price difference. It's just how much of an additional cost you think mia should be worth.

15. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

I hiiiiiiiiiiighly doubt he bass has sold that well or at all, (apart from some die hard fans of the brand)

we are talking about a 3k$ USD bass from Indo!!.... WTF!?!

its way more expensive than anything from EBMM, more than Spector, more than the Ibanez Prestige thats from I could quickly check at Sweetwater

if I go to the Strandberg site it shows me the same price, until I change it to AUD and then the price hikes up to 5100$AUD from 3190$USD (in which the convertion rate should be aroun 4660$AUD)

so even if I take the 5K$ AUD price tag, and check basses in here in AUS, the basscenter site shows me I can get an MTD bass for 5800$ and a Dingwall ABZ for 5700$, and that the stupid Boden bass is more expensive than getting a Swadowsky, other Dingwall models (non NG), and ofcourse the mentioned EBMM, Euro Spector, and any german Warwick

who in the right mind would get one just for the sake of not having a "headstock"

16. diagrammatiks

I've seen like 5 or 6 sold. Ya i dunno I wouldn't buy one at that price. I don't need the enduraneck that badly.

17. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

for sure someone would buy it. But at that price tag is weird they sell. My opinion is that they are die hard fans of the brand. A regular bass player wont spend that cash there when there are far better quality basses out there at cheaper price, or use that cash for a custom build.

and the enduro neck ... well...meh.... not my cup of tea. I though it was only in the guitar as im not that really good(shreder) at it. and bass is my main instrument, but nope, I tried the bass last year at NAMM and the neck was still a big nope for me... I bet someone would like it, but to pay that much k$ extra for it????, thats crazy

maybe the one I tried was a "bad one", but it sounded reaaaly dull, it was weird to me as I know it has some good brand pickups, but I couldnt get a good sound out of it, I swaped to an Ibanez SR premium on the same rig and oooohhh what a change (both had Nordstrand pickups, different model tho)... so not only hated the neck, but the sound of the one I tried was awfull.... (awfull for the price better said)

Wolfhorsky likes this.
  18. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Idk, I kind of like the Zeus model. Been thinking long and hard about it.

19. Wolfhorsky

Wolfhorsky Regular idiot

At this price point i would want a premium product made with proper work ethics.

Masoo2 and A-Branger like this.
  20. diagrammatiks

I don’t think it’s that weird. Ola’s a smart guy he prices things at what the market will bear in relation to what he can actually supply.

Not every single guitar buyer is a value based purchaser. Some people just really really love their strandbergs.

It’s not a problem to up sell these people.

I know that the neckthrough Bodens are already sold out. So whatever.

not my thing but people are definitely buying them.

xzacx likes this.