Strandberg Boden in Japan!

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by rockstarazuri, Nov 24, 2014.

1. boogie2

boogie2 SS.org Regular

WhooHooo! I have a fedex tracking number :) <starts pacing anxiously>

2. insaneshawnlane

insaneshawnlane SS.org Regular

Not sure to if this had been announced already or if it was common sense or something but on the back of the pamphlet that came with my boden os it says that the os 6 string will be 25.5"-25" scale and the 8 string will be 28"-26.5". It also says pickup options are emg or lace but at this point I imagine its referring to the Japanese models

[​IMG]

3. jwade

jwade Doooooooooom

Completely down with those specs. I'm guessing the 8 will be around $2400, does that seem reasonable?

4. fortisursus

fortisursus SS.org Regular

Out of interest for those of you who have received shipping notifications, when did place your order? It's been a week now and no shipping notification for me yet :(

5. Zinter

Zinter Canuck Guitar Tech

Took 9 days, I emailed and Ola responded with my tracking. It was shipped 8 days after I ordered.

6. rapterr15

rapterr15 SS.org Regular

If the seven is $1895, I don't see how the 8 would demand a $500 premium. I'd say $2k seems more appropriate.

7. jwade

jwade Doooooooooom

Oh my mistake, I thought I'd read that the 7s were $2000

8. AlexKhan

AlexKhan SS.org Regular

Thank you! Even after nearly 25 years in the guitar industry, I feel that I'm still always learning new things and I sincerely appreciate the feedback. I really do want to work on the details with the factories and your input is very valuable. Like playing the guitar, there is always room for improvement. It's a never-ending battle and the standard that we strive for always moves higher away from us. That's cool because it'd be boring if we ever achieve "perfection"! Haha. You can be assured that Ola and I will keep striving for it no matter how difficult or challenging it is. Cheers!

9. XxXPete

XxXPete SS.org Regular

Hey Ed...I dont want to speak for all the US guitarists..but some guys like my self would love the LACE pickup option.Some guys are NOT BIG fans of active pickups..

10. insaneshawnlane

I'm fairly sure he said something like 'Lace/other pickups will likely be an option in the future' earlier in this thread :yesway:

Edit: Found it on the previous page a few posts down - "It's possible we may offer the Lace pickups for the US market in the future if we find there's a strong demand."

11. Rich5150

Rich5150 SS.org Regular

I'm ordering a Red w maple this week, I've personally wanted to try a strandberg but not necessarily at the custom shop prices. For me this is a perfect alternative.

12. asher

asher So Did We

Yup. Giving in. Doing that exact thing tonight, I think (the red with maple really pops to me, and reminds me of my old Dinky too :().

13. jemfloral

jemfloral SS.org Regular

Congrats, I've seen that you've been looking for one for a while now. Glad to see you're taking the leap!

14. littledoc

littledoc Go meat!

You guys will not regret the purchase.

15. asher

asher So Did We

Done.

16. kevdes93

kevdes93 Sassy

ughhhhh this or a vader????? my hair is on the verge of falling out over this.

17. littledoc

littledoc Go meat!

I'll chime in on this as a longtime Carvin fan. I actually parted with a DC700 to afford my Strandberg, and I definitely debated the two.

Both are lightweight, both have chambered bodies and carbon-fiber reinforced necks. The Carvins are neck-through, which is a minor plus to me. Carvin also has the advantage of being cheaper and/or offering a bigger variety of very nice finishes, woods, and fret sizes.

I went with Strandberg though for a few reasons:

&#8226; The multiscale. To me, doing an ergonomic guitar without a multiscale is just kinda going halfway. It definitely makes a difference in tone and playability. Plus, I think the bridge hardware on the Strandbergs is nicer.

&#8226; The Endurneck. It's legit. It really does get you to anchor your thumb in a way that relaxes your fretting hand. It's weird and awesome.

&#8226; The contours. The Strandberg is designed for multiple playing positions, and I don't care for the convex curve on the bottom of the Vader.

&#8226; Seriously, the arm contour on the Carvin where the top wood just... stops. Why why why? Ugh. Kills the aesthetic for me.

I absolutely love Carvin and I think they've made a great axe, but the Strandberg was designed from the ground up to be something really unique, and it is. The Vader to me seems more like a twist on their regular guitars than something really innovative. Of course your mileage may vary!

18. Inceptic

Inceptic SS.org Regular

So did you eventually leave the office? ;)

19. cubix

cubix Spring of 86

Just a question - what are the actual string saddles made of? Is it stainless steel? One of the many reasons Im interested in Strandberg is the aluminium hardware - no rust! I rust away any bridge within a month and oxidize the Ibanez Cosmo Black coating within 2 days... So if the saddles are indeed stainless it's another amazing feature for me!

20. insaneshawnlane

I read somewhere that all of the parts that may experience wear are stainless, including the saddles :yesway: