.strandberg* boden 8 wenge [FEELER]

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by Albek, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Albek

Albek SS.org Regular

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: I'm selling this .strandberg* boden 8 only because 8 strings are not my thing. Killer instrument, never play something so comfortable (the neck feeling is the best I've tried) and it sounds way better of my old CL7. If you want one of this new now you have to pay 4K. If you are reading this thread you already know what we're speaking about. This is made from Washburn Custom Shop in USA. Few specs:

- swamp ash body
    - figured flame maple top in black
    - amazing wenge neck with maple fillets
    - wenge fretboard
    - 24 stainless steel frets
    - passives Lungren M8 ceramic bridge and bare knuckle emerald neck
    - 26-28 scale
    - straplocks

Modifications (if any): stock EMGs active swapped with a ceramic lundgren bridge and a bare knuckle emerald neck, with passive wiring. The work was done by a trusted and expert luthier.
    Accessories (hardshell case etc): .strandberg* soft case and COA
    Location (City,State or City,Country): Vicenza, Italy
    International OK? : Yes if you pay shipping
    Contact Info (No Phone #s): https://www.facebook.com/alberto.isolati
    References (eBay or other forum userid): 100% positive here and also on the Music Gear Exchange group on Facebook
    Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 2499€ plus shipping firm
    Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wizbit81

wizbit81 SS.org Regular

Hey, you should probably show pics of:

1. The usual Boden paint bubbling around the neck join.
    2. The scratch on the bridge that happened during the fitting of the M7.
    3. There's 1-2 other little marks on there that I can't remember, but I'd show them to a potential buyer anyhow :)

3. Albek

Albek SS.org Regular

Hi, the scratch is visibile in the first three pics on the high B saddle. The bubbling on the back near the screws and the one around the high straplocks are visible and they're fixed, also the neck join one. I've also provided closer pics but i prefer to speak about this via pm with the potential buyer. So don't be afraid If I'm 100% positive there is a reason ;)

4. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Where is that bridge scratch? I can't see it.
    And also, do you still have the EMGs for it, or no?

5. Albek

Albek SS.org Regular

Hi, no the work was done before the guitar comes to me so I haven't stock EMG, mine luthier replaced only the older passive wiring did with a way better (always passive) one. About the scratch I see it.....as I said up there you can see it easily in the first 3 pics, the 2nd pic was probably the better one to appreciate. You can see a little white spot on the second saddle (the high B one) between this one and the first saddle, at saddle's beginning. Probably if you haven't see it the reason is there's nothing so serious to see :) Anyway if you're interested in buying please pm me and if you need a closer pic I will provide it (y)

6. wizbit81

wizbit81 SS.org Regular

Some other minor things..

1. Polyfiller or something around the pup selector.
    2. Yep, the bubbling around the screws for the neck.
    3. Missing bit of paint in the Boden stamped logo on the front.

7. Albek

Albek SS.org Regular

As you're not probably interested in buying the instrument (or you are?) can I manage mine thread??? I've already had some PMs and provide detailed pics. Next time I suggest you to contact the seller via PM if you have some tips to share, in respect of the seller. I find your way very rude, sorry. Mine feedback speaks from me and as I said I already sent the necessary detailed pics to interested buyers. Anyway to ends the question I leave here the same link of the pics I've sent via pm https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2bn99n50of48vhq/AABiYiMUKvTVL_n0WZ-e0bnDa?dl=0

1. Nothing to see around the pickup selector. Don't know what you're speaking about.

[​IMG]

2. Already discuss as you said

3. I haven't notice it in 3 months, and personally don't think that is something that can discourage someone to save 1500-2000 bucks from a new one, it's very minor stuff. Anyway here's.

[​IMG]

8. wizbit81

wizbit81 SS.org Regular

Hi, I also tried to send one last night but it failed, saying that although my comments might have come across as negative, on the plus side I can say that this guitar is the best playing 8 I have ever had, and that the Emerald is a great sounding pickup in this. The wenge neck also feels amazing. I'd go so far as to say that I would not own another 8 that wasn't a Strandberg after this one.

The comments I made previously were because I felt the pics did not show the imperfections I know to be there, and that's absolutely fine if you are telling people via PM. No offence was meant and like I say, it is a great guitar.

nb the filler was on the side of the selector switch facing the pups, you can't see it from top down.

9. Albek

Albek SS.org Regular

I see your point, really.... and can understand you want to help other users (you didn't see the pics, you didn't know how I usually manage mine sales and probably supposed that I want to scam someone). Really can understand, but I'm legit as my feedback prove, we have just a different way to manage the thread :). The only think I didn't like was the method, I'd have prefer you messaged me via PM to verify that I'm a serious seller before posting on thread. All here. Happy that all is clear now, so we can stop to bump this ahahah

Take also a pic of the side facing the pups you said but still don't see nothing to mention aesthetically. If you mean the thinner metallic ring around the base it's normal construction of that switch type....also my CL7 had that. Seems all good to me.

[​IMG]

Good Music Everyone