Strandberg Boden 7 Original (latest model)

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Emile, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Emile

Emile SS.org Regular

Hi all,

I've been wanting to get a multiscale 7 string (I do like the feel of multiscale) and was initially going to go with an Ormsby. I am worried however on those having such an aggressive fan that could impact the comfort and speed of stretches on the lower strings and frets.

I ran across these Strandbergs which I bet you guys have a lot of information and opinions about. I am intrigued by the reduced fan, ergonomic features, and like the fluence pickups that it offers. I'd be using this mostly for metal but do branch out to other genres as well. I initially didn't really look at headless guitars, but these are definitely intriguing and the reduced weight sounds like a win as well.

I was wondering if folks could comment on their experiences with them. One area of concern that I have is the bolt on neck. Can anyone comment on the sustain of these guitars with both the fixed bridge and the trem. Any other comments about these guitars are appreciated as well.

2. lurè

lurè Can't buy skill so I buy gear

I've played extensively my buddy's boden OS8 which was also the first multiscale i've tried.
    Regarding the 7 string version I think the fan is 26.25-25.5 which you will barely notice and probably won't impact your playing by any means (didn't have any problem with the 8 string 28-26.5 fan).

The endurneck is something you love or hate: for me was comfortable on the higher frets but I couldn't stand it on lower frets, being a bit too chunky for my tastes. However some people love it and have never looked back.

The ergonomic of the body is really good, it sits extremely well no matter if you play on classical or regular position and it's a very lightweight instrument.

Vegetta likes this.
  3. Bdtunn

Bdtunn SS.org Regular

I had the Boden 7 and it was a great guitar. The fan took me about 2mins to get used to. The endurneck was a trip but ultimately I really got along with it. I’m a thumb back player so it felt really natural. It did surprise me how thick it was, but after playing it a few days I didn’t really notice that anymore.

Vegetta likes this.
  4. Razerjack

Razerjack SS.org Regular

The Bolt-on neck is less than ideal since the 'bolt' higher up the neck(about to the 17th fret I believe?) compared to most superstrats these days.

Other than that it crosses all your boxes, sustains very well, the fan and endurneck are pretty easy to get used to, and you wouldn't believe how light it is. Never played their trem models tho.