Stolen Schecter Damien Elite 7 in Detroit

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by jacksonslut, Sep 6, 2012.

1. jacksonslut

jacksonslut dennaB

Two days ago my 7 was stolen right off my front porch! I live over by Grosse Pointe. This hit me hard. I never had anything stolen from me. Ontop of that I was about to sell it to fund new shoes, keep my phone from shutting off, keep the lights on, and money towards my unborn child (we just found out we're having a baby) I'll post pics. I know every little scratch on the guitar. And I have the receipt from Guitar Center I can print out. Please keep a eye out. It's the black model. Barely any sparkle in it. One chrome knob from wear. And one knob with no wear. And ding at the bottom right of the strap button on the edge. You'll see it. It's white. The left screw on the neck EMG is stripped. I know who did it. But all I know is he goes by Red.. Please let me know if you have any clues!

kerimachin likes this.
  2. otisct20

otisct20 SS.org Regular

damn dude :( I live about three hours away so I'll be sure to keep a look out in my area. I hope you can get it back soon.

3. BucketheadRules

BucketheadRules Fuzz pedal hoarder

That sucks man... I'm in the UK so probably won't be much use, but hope you get it back. I can't describe how I'd feel if any of my guitars were stolen, I really hope I never have to experience what you're going through. :(

4. Valnob

Valnob about tree fiddy

That suck man :( I received my new schecter today, I would be devastated If it was stolen from me

5. skeels

skeels ..to pay the beels

skeels does not like this.

Hope you get it back man.

6. fassaction

fassaction SS.org Regular

sorry for your loss, dude....but I have to ask, but why would you leave a guitar on your porch?

7. purpledc

purpledc Proud blacksheep

In detroit I would be calling pawn shops and fill out a police report. The legit shops in the area will help you out.

8. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater not quite a shredder

I'll keep an eye an "hardcore pawn." Seriously that sucks man, especially given your financial situation. Sounds like you are in a tough spot, keep your chin up. Been there and survived.

9. jacksonslut

jacksonslut dennaB

Thanks guys. And it was only on my porch for maybe 15 minutes. I was sitting outside playing on it. We got 4 pitbulls as well. I don't know who'd be crazy enough to steal from us haha. I haven't heard word yet. But I hope to get what is mine back! My electric was shutoff so I don't have access to internet at my house at the moment.

10. garza

garza SS.org Regular

Another reason why im not the biggest fan of Detroit. I get so sketched out trying to order pizza from Little Caesars across from Harpos.

11. LoopQuantum

LoopQuantum SS.org Regular

Rule #1 when playing Harpos, or the State Theater:

STAY INSIDE.

Been there, done that.

12. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

Would that used guitar have really funded all that? :scratch:

Sorry to hear about the guitar man, but I'm more sorry to hear about your life situation. You gotta get shit together if you're bringing a child into the world. Best of luck and congratulations.

I don't have much hope for the guitar however, not unless you want to challenge Red in person, and that probably still won't get you anywhere and can make matters worse.

Rev.

13. garza

garza SS.org Regular

Not when your starving for those hot n ready pizzas for 5 bucks.

14. LoopQuantum

:lol:

BTW. Jason at Schecter set me up with a Garza. I like it. :wavey:

15. garza

garza SS.org Regular

Really? Thats awesome. How do you like the neck??

16. Pav

Pav ???

I'll keep an eye out in case they try to head south on I-75 for an hour or two to pawn it off.

17. LoopQuantum

Feelsgoodman.

I'm actually all about the Schecter 7 necks. My loomis is really nice too. I have a pile of Ibby7's too, and my top 3 players right now, despite owning some much more spendy guitars, are the Loomis, Garza, and my RGD2127D Prestige Ibby.

I like playing the Schecters live. In the standing position, the fatter neck feels more navigable to me. I like my Ibby's sitting down/recording, since the uberflat neck encourages me to play in a more classical position.

Cool guitar for sure. Fit and finish/fretwork was super top notch for the price too!

18. infernalservice

infernalservice SS.org Regular

State isn't so bad, it's by a ton of restaurants, sports arenas, and other down town attractions. Harpos though is hell come to earth. First time I went there was devils night when I was 15. Nothing like being called a honkey bitch to freak you out. Also I saw a dude piss on the bar there around the same time period.

19. Lach Rae Dawn

Lach Rae Dawn SS.org Regular

Man that Freaking sucks.

My heart goes out to you, If I had my Loomis stolen, I would be upset beyond control.

I hope you get it back, I would contact the pawn shops. Honestly you will have better luck with that than relying on the police to help. They are to enforce establishment, not protect citizens. That being said, it would still be best if you file a police report.
    Also even if you have insurance (on things in the home) I don't think they will cover it, because it was on the front porch. (though this would be worth it do look into if you do have insurance)

20. jacksonslut

jacksonslut dennaB

Thank you. I've tried everything. Looking in pawn shops. Calling around. Ebay. Just about everything. I have a hint that this dude and wherever this pawn shop is have a thing. He brings in stolen items and he sells them. Now if I can find out what pawnshop. Things are looking up. Just got foreclosed upon. But now I'm out of that horrible part of town. Thanks to all though. If you do have any tips shoot me a PM.