Starting a indie record label

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by jacksonslut, Sep 14, 2013.

1. jacksonslut

jacksonslut dennaB

Well I just started this up https://www.facebook.com/pages/End-World-Records/627031660645791 just in the midst of talking to people who will be contributing like a album artist and music producer so far. I know label are not really liked much. But I have been in the music industry for a bit and seen bands get there bungholes handed to them. I would rather give back more than anything and help out small bands once we get this off the ground. More about promoting and having you play the music you love without being screwed. If this is not the right place I am sorry. If you have any questions feel free to PM or message me there. Really focusing on heavy music at the moment. core type, djent types, etc. We will expand but this is the music I love. It is late and sorry if a lot is left out. Just shoot me a PM or facebook message. If you think you can lend anything in anyway that would be great in promotion, artwork, mixing/mastering, anything maybe we can do business together.

2. abandonist

abandonist Banned

Are you looking to lose money?

Because you're going to lose money.

3. jacksonslut

jacksonslut dennaB

No. Oh and any tips would be appreciated. I am semi new to this. Don't be afraid to come off as an ass haha just tell me like it is.

4. jacksonslut

jacksonslut dennaB

I am still revising everything.

5. abandonist

abandonist Banned

Indie labels are a labor of dedication and sacrifice. You're not going to make any money off of it, and it will consume your entire life.

I know a few folks that have started labels over the years (a notable one being Eulogy) and it's very, very, soul-destroying work.

I don't say this to stop you from doing it, but so that you understand the reality of this endeavor.

Here's the first thing you should ask yourself: Why would a band sign with me? What advantages do I bring?