SSO leather strap survey

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by redstone, Apr 15, 2014.

1. redstone

redstone SS.org Regular

I'd like to verify something guys :wavey:

I'm pretty confident that most of us leather strap consumers from rock & metal genres are looking for 35-50" *2.5-3" distressed and padded straps with either garment backing or suede+piping. So I made this short survey, out of curiosity.

SSO leather strap survey

If I'm right, we better inform levy's & co since they all seem to miss the point. Anyways, don't mind my opinion, let's just wait for the result...

Thanks for your participation :metal:

2. redstone

redstone SS.org Regular

Bump, need more answers :bowdown:

3. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

I have this in black which seems pretty much perfect to me.
    DM1PD - Levy's Leathers
    My only complaint is that the slotted length system meant I had to figure out an intricate weaving pattern to get it anywhere near short enough for me haha (37" button to button). Pretty much the length of the strap itself without the extension (about 2" over). Getting strap locks onto it was an utter bitch (especially when I realised I'd installed one the wrong way for this particular guitar and couldn't pull it back through my 'weave') but I suppose that's a given with thick straps.

4. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

Not sure what some of the terms refer to, so I didn't vote. But I can say that if you don't like what you get from mainstream straps, there are several "boutique" strap makers that do good work for not a lot of money including forum sponsor Italia Leather Straps, who frequently have half off sales. I bought 8 straps from them over the past year and they are better than what I find in typical guitar shops.

5. Enselmis

Enselmis SS.org Regular

I won a nice black Levy's strap. Think, soft, leather, good length. A strap is a strap and it does its job.

Edit: Oh also, my mom made me a pink faux snakeskin strap. Don't hate.