SSO: Deep Thoughts

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah but they're vegan.

I love attention (hence being a performing guitarist) but I don't miss this kind of attention. People are fucking weird. It got to the point in my last marriage where when a stranger would approach us it was nervous glances of "oh boy, what crazy, no-boundary-having shit is this person going to say?" She's black and bald and all goth/alternative and somehow that plus my "metal dad" aesthetic made people feel like they just had to say something about us, to us. We were polyam, it wasn't the flirtation that bothered me so much, just the people who would treat us like they were at the zoo.

Also, men "congratulating" me for my partner will never not make me uncomfortable. Gross bro. get that checked out.

Oh dude, I’ve grown into an introvert over the years and hate attention these days. Fact of the matter is, I had just gotten divorced a couple months prior and had some things I needed to get out of my system which those 4 days provided. It was 4 days of about 90,000 people drinking for 12 hours a day in the Florida sun, normalcy was not to be expected. I just couldn’t believe how many chicks approached her that weekend, but she wasn’t exactly trying to be hidden in the crowd either. Outside of that particular environment under those circumstances, I would have been miserable.

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You better hit me up the next time you go to that shit!

I was supposed to go in May but don’t think it’s going to work, I’m trying to get my ass back to New England this year and have a ton of shit to work out before I do. I WILL be doing a lot of driving between here and Maine in the next several months though, your neck of the woods is generally where I try to either power through a few more hours or stop and get a hotel, I shall hit you up next time I’m coming through!

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was supposed to go in May but don’t think it’s going to work, I’m trying to get my ass back to New England this year and have a ton of shit to work out before I do. I WILL be doing a lot of driving between here and Maine in the next several months though, your neck of the woods is generally where I try to either power through a few more hours or stop and get a hotel, I shall hit you up next time I’m coming through!

I'm gonna try to take my two sons to see Skillet on that Friday :lol: We'll see how that goes!

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: "Objectifying women" discussion

The thing that brought that comment on was long held belief from observing how women talk about other women. If you're in a room (store, club, restaurant, whatever) and there's a woman that stands out for some reason... the way she's dressed, the size of her breasts, the size of her butt, the color of her hair, etc it's like magnet to jealous women. And it's not like "hey she's got big boobs what's up with that?", it's you know... look at that slut, I wouldn't wear that, omg she's got a unibrow, idk something like that.

So it's the "objectifying" that men do where they hyperfocus on a woman's appearance, but it's also tinged with hatred because of it. Jealousy is simultaneously acknowledging those things "matter" and that it should effect how that person thinks of themselves or people should feel about them. It's super toxic.

The incident that brought all that to mind, I was at the mall and observed an attractive chick (shapely) in a crop top and hot pants and a say late 30s/40s woman was following behind about ten feet and her eyes are FIXED on this other girls ass. Second girl followed the first for the idk, 100ft or so I could see and she's rolling her eyes and shaking her head until the first girl exits the first stops at the doors and turns back.

I dunno if she was repressed and thirsty or jealous and offended someone else was in public looking attractive in ways that she didn't feel she is but it was something to observe. And I get it, being a guy on the sidelines and seeing a girl I find attractive idk, I guess makes me another creep guy but what I didn't do is pursue her out of the building because her appearance offended/attracted me so much. That's a uniquely chick thing.

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm gonna try to take my two sons to see Skillet on that Friday :lol: We'll see how that goes!

I’ve never had so much fun at a concert before, but I don’t think you’ll be getting into the things I did when I was there. :lol: Adult stuff aside, there were a TON of families there with younger kids and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a better set up for that kind of thing; TONS of porta-potties, enough food trucks/stands to not wait in line forever and the way it was spread out allowed anyone who didn’t want to be in the crowd to stand back and still see/hear everything great.

Have a great time, man!!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

I swear I thought you said you were moving back to NE like ...3 years ago? :lol: I think it was pre-MG buyout/transition, so the fact that you haven't makes me wonder if I'm just going crazy

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I swear I thought you said you were moving back to NE like ...3 years ago? :lol: I think it was pre-MG buyout/transition, so the fact that you haven't makes me wonder if I'm just going crazy

Hahahah you’re not wrong and even I had to scratch my head for a minute thinking of where I was at 3 years ago, but you’re right. After I got married my ex-wife and I were going to move back to be closer to our friends/family, but once she trashed the marriage and any form of friendship I decided to stay down here because there’s not a better place to be a single dude. I got all that stuff out of my system much faster than I expected and then ended up in a relationship with a woman who lives in Maine which is where I’m from originally, so once my lease is up I’m out of here.

Overall, this city has gotten way too big and since they’re building up and not out, traffic is getting insane and what used to be a spread out city is now feeling claustrophobic and cramped. And the noise….my god I just can’t do it anymore.

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
Re: "Objectifying women" discussion

The thing that brought that comment on was long held belief from observing how women talk about other women. If you're in a room (store, club, restaurant, whatever) and there's a woman that stands out for some reason... the way she's dressed, the size of her breasts, the size of her butt, the color of her hair, etc it's like magnet to jealous women. And it's not like "hey she's got big boobs what's up with that?", it's you know... look at that slut, I wouldn't wear that, omg she's got a unibrow, idk something like that.

So it's the "objectifying" that men do where they hyperfocus on a woman's appearance, but it's also tinged with hatred because of it. Jealousy is simultaneously acknowledging those things "matter" and that it should effect how that person thinks of themselves or people should feel about them. It's super toxic.

The incident that brought all that to mind, I was at the mall and observed an attractive chick (shapely) in a crop top and hot pants and a say late 30s/40s woman was following behind about ten feet and her eyes are FIXED on this other girls ass. Second girl followed the first for the idk, 100ft or so I could see and she's rolling her eyes and shaking her head until the first girl exits the first stops at the doors and turns back.

I dunno if she was repressed and thirsty or jealous and offended someone else was in public looking attractive in ways that she didn't feel she is but it was something to observe. And I get it, being a guy on the sidelines and seeing a girl I find attractive idk, I guess makes me another creep guy but what I didn't do is pursue her out of the building because her appearance offended/attracted me so much. That's a uniquely chick thing.
I think that's just superficial people. It may happen mostly on women, but it's not exclusive to them... superficial people are just that, dumb as fuck that focus on details that are insignificant on the bigger picture and miss everything else. They're clueless and think high of themselves just because most of the time they can afford to. Shit people is going to be shit all around, either men or women or anything in between...

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that's just superficial people. It may happen mostly on women, but it's not exclusive to them... superficial people are just that, dumb as fuck that focus on details that are insignificant on the bigger picture and miss everything else. They're clueless and think high of themselves just because most of the time they can afford to. Shit people is going to be shit all around, either men or women or anything in between...
Fair assessment.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
And I had to pick today to open this thread. God damn it.

I don't know if this is a deep thought, but the pile-on of utter and incredulous bullshit seeping out of the sewage system that is our government is really starting to depress me. It's like, if someone in the eighties were to write a dystopian novel about where America would be in forty years, this is so far beyond the groundwork they would have created to make that happen that it almost seems like a farce. A farce that's literally killing us. Some of us faster than others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
That photo is exactly why I hate when any friends tell me they're trying to have kids; like, great for you guys if that's what you want but why do you have to tell us that you're actively trying which in layman's terms is "I'm dumping hot loads in my wife on the reg, and now you have to know it too."