SS Love and Relationships Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SevenStringSam, Jun 17, 2010.

1. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Realistically, it's 100% realistic and plausible that she just sort of... forgot? I assume she worked today. I'm probably pretty low on the list of things she's thinking about at the moment. That's.... ok, I guess?

I hate that kind of stuff. I really do. One of my exes once left me for a few days so that I would chase after her. I didn't chase her- instead I literally packed her things and told her to find another place to live. :lol:

I have no confidence that this would work. I'm amused by the idea, but I really doubt that would work in my favor.

But I don't want to "make plays"... I just want to be treated decently. I feel burned out from playing games with people right now. If I'm making any kind of "power play" it's not because I'm trying to be aggressive, it's just because I want to get to the end of the interaction. That's it.

c7spheres likes this.
  2. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I'm excited for the day where I never need to post in this thread again. :lol:

c7spheres likes this.
  3. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

I hate all that kind of stuff too. I don't think anyone wants to make plays or even look at things in this light, but you're talking about a unicorn. I want a unicorn too. They're just really rare and special. I hope you find one someday as long as it's not the same one I'm looking for : )

4. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I just learned that the plans I had for my birthday are falling apart. Nobody has any communication skills.

I think I'm going to have a drink, play some video games and just go to bed. This day needs to be over.

c7spheres likes this.
  5. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I think..... I may have overreacted and feel like a fool now. :lol:

I went back and sent another message along the lines of "I'll take the silence as a no then". Immediately get a reply that basically says "oh no, I had typed an answer and just forgot to hit enter, but sure, sounds good."

Conversation moves on to the whole when are you available thing.

I am a fool. I need to get some sleep.

p0ke and c7spheres like this.
  6. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Ted, a "Hey, no pressure. Just thought it might be a fun way to spend an hour or two." next time might be better. That way it's more laid back and easy going than, "I'll take that as a no then."

Ordacleaphobia and c7spheres like this.
  7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

^ You're not wrong. :lol: Lessons have been learned.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  8. SamSam

SamSam GAS problems

Just send a polite message saying it's ok to say no thank you? If she's thinking no but is worried she'll upset you just ease off the potential tension and be cool.

TedEH and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  9. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Well.... we had made some plans that were supposed to be tonight. Aaaand she bailed this morning.

:(

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. Spaced Out Ace

Sorry to hear that, bud.

11. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I'm gonna go out anyway... cause I gatta get out of the house for a while. :lol:...?

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  12. Spaced Out Ace

Fuck it, dude. Close the door, open a window.

13. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

^ I mean, I'm still gonna re-schedule.

14. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Ok, so maybe I need more advice for this one...
    Not sure how to handle a case of someone just not being very good at answering messages in a timely way. I'll send a message... it'll be seen... no answer for hours. Sometimes a day. Sometimes more. Until I eventually message again, then the answer I get is super positive/encouraging, but then all of the sudden no answers again for a long time. I have no idea how to read this.

15. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Could be a depressed or socially awkward person

Maybe someone who likes you but doesn't like messaging

Maybe even someone who likes you but doesn't like that they like you

Could also be checking for an urgent work/business/family emergency type text they're waiting on, and intentionally NOT engaging with social back and forths

Many many options to choose from here

16. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Not to sound like a jerk, but practically everyonne I know is like this. The only time they answer quickly or reach out is when I have somthing they want or they want to focus on them and their issues, so I'm sorry. I just don't have an answer other than it's nearly impossible to change someones behavior or get them to show basic respect if they don't already have it by adulthood.

17. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I honestly do think she's just really busy and/or doesn't like messaging very much. Or maybe it's just what I'd like to believe. But I don't want to be that annoying person who just goes back and re-sends every message after 12hrs has gone by because a question was asked and nothing was sent back.

c7spheres likes this.
  18. Spaced Out Ace

Fearful of flakey flighty female, rightly. Pass, dude.

TedEH likes this.
  19. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I'm gonna meet up with her anyway, but keeping my expectations in check, I suppose.

There are things that make me hesitant to just drop it-

For one - in person, she's great. We're talking great music taste, someone who doesn't hate video games for a change, we have a few mutual friends already, etc. Like, this is the kind of person I want around. Someone I don't have to be like "oh yeah, I play in a band where people scream vaguely offensive things really loudly for reasons", because she already goes to those shows.

But also - from what I understand, she has the kind of job where the crunch is real at the moment. I got a message this morning that basically said work was right at the end of a deadline, but she's going to try to make it out tomorrow anyway. I work in a place that's kind of shielded from that kind of thing, but in an industry where I see people get burnt pretty regularly by that kind of thing, so I get it.

Maybe it's not a good enough excuse, but who knows. If my choice is to meet up anyway and just not put much stock in where it goes from there, vs. just staying home and doing nothing at all, I'll take the outing.

c7spheres likes this.
  20. Kwert

Kwert SS.org Regular

I think a few hours or a day isn’t really a big deal. This is difficult especially these days, when we’re used to immediate responses, but ultimately some people aren’t as tied to their devices. When it gets to be multiple days, sometimes almost a week, I think that’s problematic for sure.