SS Love and Relationships Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SevenStringSam, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ATOMICxTomato

ATOMICxTomato SS.org Regular

Yea i was honestly thinking the same. It would be much easier for mecto move on if I probably didnt work directly with her, but ill find a way. Sucks that just as I was getting back into weight lifting, which really helped clear my mind and helped motivate me, i seem to have tore something and gotten a hernia lol. But thanks for the insight cause it really is what i need to do.

2. youngthrasher9

youngthrasher9 SS.org Regular

The weirdness that was my night after work this evening is honestly hard to believe and really really hard to explain. There was women. There was me. I was locked in a car with them, and nothing remotely sexual happened. I can't even begin

3. chassless

chassless Don'tDeserveMyGuitar

was there grammar ?

4. TheHandOfStone

TheHandOfStone E♭M7(♭5)

5. youngthrasher9

Nope.

Not even a little.

6. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

So you sat in the car with someone like a lot of normal people do?

youngthrasher9 likes this.
  7. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

I have the new website update to thank for bumping this up to the top of my feed lol but I'm sad to hear this man. I remember you talking about this over the course of the last couple or so years on this thread. I've been there, and still going through that with the infamous ex-roommate I talked about quite a bit the last couple years. It sucks, but it's gotta happen. Can't have your cake and it too, in a way? You'll get over it. C'est la vie. Have some e-brohugs sent your way.

MFB likes this.
  8. russmuller

russmuller Cramblin'

Well it's been a while since I stopped in here, but the Montana girl and I are now officially an item. We've continued to talk daily all these months so I took a week off work and flew up there to meet her and see what it's like when we're together in real life. It was a truly wonderful time. We really clicked together on so many different levels. She's smart, and funny, and chill, and I just loved how at-ease and truly "myself" I could be around her. I'm heading back up there again in July, and hopefully in the fall she'll come visit the desert and see what my life is like.

If things continue on this trajectory, I expect I'll move up there eventually because she wants to stay near her mother (whose health is dubious) and I'm kind of tired of living in the desert. The timing will be largely determined by employment opportunities. It'll probably be 2 years before a relocation like that (done properly) is feasible for me.

Fortunately there's a small airline that has very affordable flights between us, which works out to be not much more expensive than normal dating if one of use flies out for a weekend each month. I never imagined I'd be in a situation like this, but I'm okay with it. We're taking things slow and being sensible. I'm excited about what the future holds.

9. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

No love and relationships for me at the moment, thanks. But I am in love with this banana nut bread a co-worker's wife made me. The new Rat is also quite a love affair as well.

TedEH likes this.
  10. MFB

MFB Banned

At this point in time, I'm pretty much past it and the only time I think about it is when something of hers pops up on Facebook, but the last text was when I got my promotion in the beginning of April, then two weeks before that, and maybe a month before that; so it waned over time, and now here I am. There was one little bit that felt like she was trying to jab at me without saying it, as she had some thing about wanting to do 'rad stuff with rad people' and I shrugged it off and just figured that didn't make me a rad person. Oh well.

11. youngthrasher9

Actually no.

Here's what happened:
    Friday night i was getting off work, and this girl I work with texted me and told me to come talk to her at her station. This is the same girl I asked out a few weeks back, we never figured out how to go out around our schedules.

Come to find out, she wants me to help her find this other chick that works with us who just ran out of the building balling. Says we'll give her a ride home. (Basically it sounds like she doesn't want to deal with this crying chick by herself)

I hop in girl #1's car (we'll call her pizza girl), and we take off and find the other chick in a parking lot, just a mess. She's sobbing. Pizza girl's like "ok we're going to take to that quiet place you told me about to calm down"

Well, neither one has been there at night. They're having a hard time finding it. Come to find out, it's a cemetery. Ok cool. Well, we end up driving all over 3 different counties. Weaving through the buttes, etc... for like 2 hours. They're up front and I'm locked in the back listening to them. Occasionally joining in. Finally we find the cemetery. We're barely in service again. I call my mom to tell her I'm gonna be home later.
    Me:"This sounds really stupid, but I'm not getting into any trouble or anything,..."
    mom: "where are you"
    Me: "outside a cemetery with some coworkers"
    Mom: *laughs nervously and hysterically* "I love you bye."

After I hang up we walk in the cemetery. Walked in about 30 yards. All was fine until a mountain lion let loose a scream what sounded like probably 20 yards away.

I'm like "f*** this, we're leaving"

We walked and drove around a little bit more to calm the other chick down and find out why she's so upset.

Turns out she had a bit of break down from work stress, mainly because her family shamed her out of taking her meds.

I was like "you are gonna start taking your meds again, even if you have to hide it or take them at work"

And that's the weirdest night I've had in a long time.

12. youngthrasher9

Oh and while I'm here I'll just mention that pizza girl and I started hanging out a bit after that. Come to find out, she started seeing another dude in between the cemetery thing and now, but she thought it was A-OK to lead me to believe that we were gonna start going out, and she was on the market. Luckily our personalities weren't jivving by the time I found out.

13. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

I literally can't get a single girl to go on a date with me :-/

I feel like I'm fairly attractive, I'm sometimes socially awkward (social anxiety), I'm decent human being for the most part.

I just feel like I'm missing something or I'm blind to something and it's extremely frustrating.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  14. auxioluck

auxioluck Metal Teddy Bear

Ignoring the fact that I am in complete awe that this thread is still going (I remember when it was first posted), I proposed to my gf of almost 7 years earlier this week and she said yes. :hbang:

I'm happy about it. And trust me, for everyone else on here having relationship issues...if a guy like me can find the right chick (who also happens to be a hottie), then you can too. Have faith, my peeps!

Eden, squids, TheHandOfStone and 4 others like this.
  15. russmuller

russmuller Cramblin'

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's wonderful news!

16. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

but, what's the main issue here? you haven't met girls, get rejected when asking someone out, or something else?

and; long time since I posted here. After a really bad relationship with a pretty unstable person, I decided to just have some fun and meet new people, even got Tinder going :lol: but nothing serious got out of that and decided to stop ''chasing'' the idea of a relationship

Now, many months later, I moved onto another city, fixed (or Im in the process of fixing-) a lot of the shit that was taking tolls on me, and in the met some really good people, and alongside that, a girl caught my attention. We spoke for a few days and then she asked me for help in a course where she was struggling a bit, we got together, we studied for a few hours and then just had fun chatting until things took another course and we ended up making out :lol:

Things seems to be good, we speak a lot almost every day, seems a lot more emotionally stable compared to all the people I've have been involved, and she already made it clear that she wants exclusivity meanwhile we get to know each other better. So yeah, everything is great, but ffs I forgot how anxious this stage *previous* to a consolidated relationship made me feel, it feels like I need a constant reassuranse of some way to feel that Im not fucking everything up

17. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I always seem to have exactly the opposite thing happen, where I'll meet people in the very clear context of a date, only to later on have the story change to "I don't see you and I like that...." and I have no idea why that keeps happening. :lol: But also a bit :(

18. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

Either rejected or they don't even seem nearly interested enough in me to ask out :lol:

19. Seybsnilksz

Seybsnilksz SS.org Regular

Since last time I wrote in this thread a girl found me on OKCupid in may last year, we chatted the whole summer, I got anxiety because I didn't feel the butterflies, but we met in august, have visited each other almost every weekend, and eventually I learned (through discussing it with her) that there's nothing wrong just because I don't feel the same butterflies as I had being in "love" when I was 10. We have all the respect honesty, and good stuff that we both want out of a relationship. And her smile and laugh makes me so happy ^^

20. BucketheadRules

BucketheadRules Fuzz pedal hoarder

Man, I've been away a good few months and not checked in here.

I now have a really great girlfriend and on Saturday, we'll have been together six months. Longest I've ever been with anyone :lol: