SS Love and Relationships Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SevenStringSam, Jun 17, 2010.

1. wat

wat SS.org Regular

lol what? how is that wrong? did you miss the part where she said it's a play?

honestly only an insecure control freak would have a problem with that

edit: just realized it's from 3 years ago

2. SevenStringSam

SevenStringSam Beware the glube!

pretty much just described me at 15 man, i grew up in some bad situations and had some insanely deep rooted self esteem/security issues. but they were justified, for instance the girl i made this thread over cheated on me 5 times because of the whole theater thing making it really easy (and by cheating she was hooking up with a lot of the guys). but.. now.. i really could not care less and im just one hell of a happy little panda :D

3. wat

wat SS.org Regular

true that. i would have probly been pissed too at age 15

4. will_shred

will_shred Wannabe audio engineer

Well, I just wrote a whole rant about how badly I want to leave my girlfriend, and with an quick slip of the finger the whole ....ing thing was erased. All I can say is, I want OUT. I can't stand being in a relationship anymore. Emotionally I keep to myself, because I do best that way. I could go on and list all the problems I have with her, but that would take to much time. long story short I can't leave her because shes really emotionally unstable, and all I want is to be able to flirt with hot girls again and hook up. .... this shit. I have exactly zero aspirations to get married, start a family, all that jazz. All I want is to play guitar and own a Porche 911 turbo and take it to Watkins Glenn when they have open circuit hours.

I honestly would just like a .... buddy, I even have someone who would (talked to her about it) and I don't give a shit if she hooks up with other dudes, she wouldn't care if I hooked up with other gals. That kind of thing. I am not an emotionally deep person, I'm actually pretty simple in that regard. That's how I like it. I guess I just wanted to get that off my chest, speaking of which said ball and chain should be here any minute.

Sorry for coming off as an asshole, I kind of am one. This has just been driving me mad and I've had about as much as I can take of the whole "love" thing.

:wallbash:

5. The Spanish Inquisition

The Spanish Inquisition Unexpected

There's this girl I've known for about 4 years or so, and we're very good friends, we friendzoned eachother for funzies, kinda. But I think she wants to jump me when I'm going there tomorrow. I don't really know whether I should do it or not.

The friendship from her end probably won't suffer from it. From my side as well. Still doubting, and I don't know why...

6. will_shred

If you don't think it will be a problem than i'd say go for it.

I would, but that's me.

7. The Spanish Inquisition

No, that's not you, that's being a man :p

8. -42-

-42- Nothing to see here

Leave her then. Her instability may be serious but she needs a therapist for that, not a boyfriend who can't deal with it. Emotional crutch relationships are draining and almost never end well for anyone involved.

9. will_shred

Damn straight she does, but she refuses go to go one. "i'm just fine" She says while on her 2nd day of not eating and barely sleeping because she can't even handle the first couple days of community college.

I feel like there's a good amount of people (guys) who wouldn't go for it, so that's why I said it's just what I would do.

10. Negav

Negav SS.org Regular

Have you read my "getting over friend" posts? I'm telling you, if you jump on it, it won't be easy dealing with the relationship once it ends. You have to ask yourself a few things: How much do you care about her? Are you willing to lose her? Does she forgives/forgets easily?

Think it through. Man I hope this post is not too late.

11. The Spanish Inquisition

Even though I like your enthousiasm, there's nothing to worry about. We're just friends, kind of best friends actually. We have been for 4 years by now, on and off. There won't be a relationship between me and her, probably because we've been friends for so long, a relationship would be terribly awkward. Plus, we tried a relationship 3,5 years ago, that went down the drain and we continued being best friends.

12. will_shred

Didn't leave her, still trying to fix things. I told her she needs help beyond anything I can possibly offer, she took it as i'm just blowing her off. She can't get it though her head, this isn't looking good.

13. Blitzie

Blitzie SS.org Regular

Don't take this the wrong way, but you need to grow up. Your first post shows an unbelievable amount of immaturity on your part.

Does that mean that you need to stay with her? Absolutely not. It sounds like you're very unhappy and you want different things. In my opinion, and probably everyone elses, you should leave her. You need to be mature and say "I don't want to see you anymore, we're too far apart on what we want" and just be done with it.

You were so gung-ho about leaving her before and now you're trying to "fix" things? There isn't anything to fix. Your relationship isn't good and you need to grow up and walk away. If she can't handle that, that's her issue. You need to be respectful to yourself and her and just leave.

14. Negav

Negav SS.org Regular

In that case, if you guys can have a 'friends with benefits'-ship then, go ahead. You'll see if you've been missing out or not haha.

15. Dan_Vacant

Dan_Vacant Hi I'm Dan.

Hung out with the same girl as last time. Today she said something that sounded likeshe was hinting at a kiss, so I leaned in and kissed her. It was the first time I made the first move, and it felt good. so now she is asking why we aren't dating. I asked her the same she said cause I haven't asked her out. I don't want to do it over a text though.

16. incinerated_guitar

incinerated_guitar SS.org Regular

Then just get her to go on another date, and then mid way through the date, just look at her and say "so are we making this official, or what?". Don't do the only "omg you wanna go out?! :D" thing that almost every 13-15 year old kid does. :wallbash:

17. RevelGTR

RevelGTR PRS, Fender, Warmoth

Say "I love you" while breathing heavily with your hand down your pants. Works every time.

18. Dan_Vacant

Dan_Vacant Hi I'm Dan.

I tell her I'll rub my dick on her face if she shows me her tits... but she just laughs. I may have to try your way.

19. Negav

Negav SS.org Regular

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Ok, this is gold. Might even use it in the future.

20. Bekanor

Bekanor Renegade Folk Hero

Went out with my buddy on the weekend and met his cute friend from work. Got her number.

Could be good, could go absolutely nowhere, but for now I'm proud of myself for still having game a week after getting dumped. :lol: