SS Love and Relationships Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SevenStringSam, Jun 17, 2010.

1. sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223 B.C. Rich loyalist

^if I'm implied, I assure you, I'm bipolar, and can go from stupidly happy to unshakably depressed in two seconds flat, whether or not a woman is involved. Though I may come across as bummed out, I'm actually quite happy now, even though I keep striking out with the ladies.

2. The Spanish Inquisition

The Spanish Inquisition Unexpected

I think I keep telling myself I love her because I don't want to hurt her. This is the second time I'm together with her, so I had to do it before and that felt horrible back then.

But I don't really know what to do. She doesn't act happy with me, she'd rather read than talk, she said to me it was horrible she had to wait the weekend before she can read the end of her book, because I'm going there this weekend. I don't really feel loved by her.

3. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

Leave her :shrug: It sucks but neither of you sound happy. The longer you wait the harder it gets.

4. The Spanish Inquisition

I know, but it's so hard to do. She is getting depressed again, and she is pushing everyone away again. This is how it ended last time. But this really gives me the idea it is my fault. But I don't want to leave her, because I really do love her, but it feels like she doesn't in return, even though she says she does.

5. RevelGTR

RevelGTR PRS, Fender, Warmoth

That's a tough situation, but seriously, leave her. This time next year you will feel a million times better and probably have a more suitable girl.

6. Murmel

Murmel SS.org Regular

Definitely agree. You shouldn't need confirmation from others that you're awesome, all you gotta do it feel it yourself.

Take today for instance. I was gonna SnapChat with my friend and took a selfie, it turned out horrible so I took another one. And another.. and another... Turns out I'm not as good looking as I thought :lol:
    I don't really care though, as long as I wear myself in confident manner I will still feel good about myself.

7. sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223 B.C. Rich loyalist

I know I'm ugly and fat, but I try not to let that get me down, particularly in the relationship department, after all, if she's truly worth the effort she will be able to see past the exterior...at least that's how I like to look at it.

8. texshred777

texshred777 SS.org Regular

Believe me guys, I get it. Growing up I was a fat kid, wore glasses, bad attitude, terrible acne, poor family, and socially awkward as hell. Oh yeah, I also wore shit like huge baggy pants and Korn(and other band) t shirts. That's sexy, eh?

Well all of those insecurities didn't just disappear. I had to work on myself. Yeah, I dropped close to 100 pounds, yeah I improved my wardrobe. But the real change was I stopped telling myself I was a loser. I stopped telling myself I was worthless.

Do whatever it takes for you to change your negative perceptions of yourself. Sure, fashion and physique may be shallow things to focus on, but in the end if it makes you feel good-do it.

Edit:
    Look, if you feel sexy wearing JNCO's(or whoever makes that shit nowdays) and band t shirts do that.

9. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

Tex speaks the truth.

I was the guy who constantly wore jeans, camo pants, combat boots, and t shirts with guitar brands or bands on it all the time. I completely hated the world, and everyone around me, and thought I was a loser. For a long time I thought I would never find some one, and that if some one rejected me it was my fault.

I had a girl I nearly killed myself over, who once told me that I was the greatest thing on the planet. Most people know the story, and that did not end well. For a while I kept beating myself up and thought I screwed everything up, and thought that I could not do any better. In reality, that girl had a LONG list of issues. She was into drugs, has issues with her family, and her previous boyfriends did a number to her psychologically. I also found out that she did like me, but she just thought she was not good enough for me. And she was right, she put up a facade the whole time I knew her, and she was not the person I thought she was. Then I met a girl right after that who I felt comfortable being myself around. She is much more real, much more into me, and also, MUCH more beautiful. I then realized I deserve better, MUCH better, and even if it does not work out, I know I can do better.

Am I still insecure? Yeah but I am working on it. What you need to keep telling yourself is you deserve the best that you want, and settle for nothing less. You are more than worthy of what you want. It might take time but just realize that most good things in life take patience. Sure you need to put some effort into it, but that is with anything else in life.

And never loose yourself in the process, keep being you.

10. SevenStringSam

SevenStringSam Beware the glube!

so today was the day my girlfriend went in to deal with the whole situation and when she walked out she said not a single thing to me. nothing at all so i was naturally REALLY worried. she pulled a check out of her pocket. you guys...

there was three digits on each side of that comma...

11. MFB

MFB Banned

Get ready to have the bank do some fraud investigating, last time I deposited a check with double digits like that my card got frozen for like a week. Also, 99% sure that's gonna have to go on your taxes next year since it's just money that came out of nowhere so they might come after you if you don't.

12. Negav

Negav SS.org Regular

What if they cash it and then slowly deposit it? Can that be done? Man, banking and taxes are most of the time stupid.

13. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Keep the deposits under $10,000 otherwise it'll get flagged. As for taxes it doesn't matter how slow or fast you do it, it's all the same. She might run into the issue more so though as I'm sure someone somewhere is aware she got that money. Something to consider before blowing it all as she might actually need some of it back. :lol:

14. MFB

MFB Banned

Doesn't matter really, and I'd wager that doing investments over time for what would most likely be the same amount each time would draw MORE suspicion then just doing a lump sum and being done with it.

To keep this OT: I :wub: money if that counts?

15. SevenStringSam

yeah im prepared for that lol most of its going back into my longboard business so that just booms and will throw us WAY ahead of expected schedule, besides that im only putting 10 in my checking, 10 in my savings, 5 im keeping cash, then 25 is going into the business, but im not really worried about the fraud thing or taxes since you know none of it was anything illegal on breanna or i's part lol

16. Negav

Negav SS.org Regular

Good way of dividing it! Hope you don't have tax problems however that works there. But hey...I dare you to get a custom, I double dare you.

17. texshred777

texshred777 SS.org Regular

Or be responsible and buy a custom out of business profits. Just make sure to find out how much tax liablility that sum will bring and set that aside to begin with.

18. SevenStringSam

Taxes already accounted for, like i said im prepared. and custom is for absolute sure!! im thinking a skervesen but i cant decide if im going to do a 7 or an 8?

19. The Spanish Inquisition

I broke up with her. She understood my situation. Now I'm going to sob uncontrolably and regain my masculinity. Brb.

20. Negav

Negav SS.org Regular

It was going to happen sooner or later. Just know that you are worth more than anything. Remember to grab your best guitar and let the feelings run though.