SS Love and Relationships Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SevenStringSam, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Fzau

Fzau Unleash the proggies

The new academic year is about to begin here. Which means, shitloads of parties! :D AND loads of nice girls. :cool:

2. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd has left the building

Can't have any of mine... I seem to have misplaced it. But I will wish you good luck... :yesway: :lol:

3. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd has left the building

Bitterness... Cheer up, guy!

4. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoil Enthusiast

No. 1: Be with better girls then!

... yeah that was the only point in my list.

5. Mr Violence

Mr Violence SS.org Regular

Girlfriend broke up with me last night. Feels bad man. Reasons being that she needs to focus on her career because her mother pushes her hard sp she can live vicariously through her because her mom's life wasn't as good as she wanted it.

So she graduated college a year early, got an internship with an enormously popular studio in NYC for photography. I visit her constantly and pay for her to come see me in Syracuse. This month she's home and she's been distant and I ask about it. Since she thinks the most important thing is moving forward with her career, I'm a burden and she's leaving me.

She's such an amazing person. But I guess this is the name of the game sometimes. She also told me I'm the first person she's ever felt like she could see herself spending a long time with. She didn't retract that statement, but right now she can't be together with me to get a job faster.

The fucking logic man. I'm sorry for ranting, but that's what this thread is about right? Fuck. So I'm supremely fucking bummed.

Fuck.

6. Randy

Randy Full on Friendship!™ Super Moderator

7. vampiregenocide

vampiregenocide SS.org Regular

It makes sense on her part, as upsetting as it is. Hopefully in time maybe she can find time for you. :hug:

8. Mr Violence

Mr Violence SS.org Regular

Love you guys. She tried to take it back today, but she ultimately decided until she's happy, she can't try to make someone else happy.

It sucks, because that's sound logic. Part of the reason why I like her so much. Not often you find someone smart AND smoking hot.

Fuck. Again. I'm done here. Thanks for listening, guys.

9. mmr007

mmr007 SS.org Regular

mmmmm.... relationships are bad....mmmmmkay?

10. Sjusovaren

Sjusovaren 7-string n00b

What, John broke up with his (I guess it's former now) girlfriend? I haven't been on here in too long. :lol:

11. eventhetrees

eventhetrees What's a Panini?

You can still be in a relationship just not be as "active" as you previously were. At least she didn't do anything awful (like cheat or something behind your back) and was honest and forward with you. Remain good friends and hopefully you two (as vampiregenocide said) will find each other again.

You do reserve the right to be bummed dude, it sucks but by the sounds of it to me it has a possibility of working out in the end for you two. Be supportive of her endeavors, as hard as that may be. I dunno what else to say dude other than best of luck!

12. BrainArt

BrainArt Deftones Guru.

Every time I see this thread bumped, my heart sinks somewhat, because I can't really contribute. :lol:

I need to get myself into the dating game, but before I do, I need to do a little work on myself. Job, car, mental stability... Then, I'll get out there.

I haven't had a "girlfriend" for five years, it's ridiculous, and even then, that "relationship" wasn't really a relationship. It lasted two weeks. :lol:

13. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoil Enthusiast

I don't have a job or a car :) I do have mental stability though... that one is kinda good to have, I'll agree on that one.

In my opinion, the most important thing when getting back in the dating game is simply to be at peace and comfortable with your single state, feel good about yourself and your current social circle, and go into it with a "No girl - no loss" mentality. Many guys go out desperate to get laid or get a girlfriend, and they either end up trying too hard or choking entirely, go home alone, and feel terrible. Every time.

It's often said that women are attracted to confidence, but confidence is also important for YOU. If you're happy with yourself and can appreciate yourself, then the idea of getting laid or not, getting rejected or not etc. becomes a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

And about rejection, remember that it can happen because of several things that you can't see: The girl has a boyfriend, or her friend just broke up and needs her attention more than you do, or she's been sleeping around lately and is afraid to get labeled as a slut, she's on her period... tons of stuff can be going on that doesn't have anything to do with you, but make her unwilling to hook up with some random dude (you).

So don't take rejection personally, because if you do it's only your loss. And yeah maybe she didn't like you because you weren't pretty enough, fuck knows, she's history now, it's unimportant.

Another good thing to think about when seeing other guys hooking up with hot chicks at a club, is that most of them probably had previous contact with those girls. The hottest chicks I've picked up at clubs have always been ones I've talked to previously and already broken the ice with. Girls gossip like crazy and many of them are afraid to be labeled as easy, so to be honest many of them don't hook up with unknown guys at bars.

And here I go again with walls of text... I'm a pretentious fucker, indeed. :cheers:

14. BrainArt

BrainArt Deftones Guru.

It's all good, mate! :cheers:

Yeah, I'm definitely confident in myself (sometimes a little too much, I think), so I know that I'd be able to pull some hot pieces of tail once I do get out there, because to be honest, I am a sexy fucker. :lol: But like I said, right now I'll be working on myself, first and foremost. Need some new threads, a better rig, need to get in better shape, etc..

15. Fzau

Fzau Unleash the proggies

Listen to this man/god. He knows what He's talking about. :D
    Especially the confidence part is spot on. It's quite interesting how that has changed me and my 'game' in the past three months. Before, I didn't even notice I was getting any attention from girls - whereas now, I meet new girls constantly, have no trouble picking up girls and generally feel way better about myself. :yesway:

Oh and yes, you are a pretentious fuck! :wub:

You ARE a sexy fucker, Brandon! :yum:

Ok wut? :ugh:

It's true that you should 'work' on yourself first. Guess it's a matter of 'getting yourself together' or however you would describe it.

Although I don't quite understand how a new rig will improve your succes with the ladies. :lol:
    Unless it's compensation for something? :idea:

16. vampiregenocide

vampiregenocide SS.org Regular

17. Murmel

Murmel SS.org Regular

For the first time evaaaar, I'm better friends with a girl in my class than the guys (except for one dude whom I've known for like 10 years..)
    Feels kinda strange at first :lol: But I enjoy it.

And John, hade you seen the tags for the thread? Awesome.

18. BrainArt

BrainArt Deftones Guru.

Oh trust me, Tom. I am listening to Dr. Love.

The rig is more for myself than trying to help with the ladies, because I know it won't. :lol:

Ross. <3

I love you guys. :wub:

19. leandroab

leandroab Stay Negative™

I need to get into a relationship. Engineering is frying my brain, my mental state is going down the drain, and brazilian poon is relentless and unforgiving...

:(

20. Prydogga

Prydogga Giddyup.

:( Poor Leandro... :hug: