Sport supplements

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by soliloquy, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Jason

Jason Forum MVP

2. Uncreative123

Uncreative123 SS.org Regular

Awesome. One of the reasons I can't get it as often as I'd like is because of how expensive it is. I'll try to hit you up tomorrow...

3. Bevo

Bevo SS.org Regular

Guys, i want to mix up a Whey protien drink in the morning and have it after my noon workout and before lunch.

If I keep it cold do you see any problem with that?

4. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

Can't see a problem. You'll obviously have to shake it again and it might be a bit stuck round the bottom, though.

5. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

anyone have any experience with Protein Factory?

they seem to be the lowest in terms of price but from their profile, they seem the cleanest protein out there without any fillers in em. you could also make your own stuff with them as well.
    and they seem to save price by giving you stuff in ziplock backs (kinda like any 10 lbs protein cases...) and nothing fancy with their stickers either.

looks interesting:
    Custom Protein, Custom Protein Powder, Whey Protein | Protein Factory

6. Origin

Origin Rainbow In The Dark

I use Gold Standard Whey stuff after running or after particularly strenous bouts of exercises/light lifts, it's like 26 bucks a tub. Nothing insanely loaded with cool shit or high end, but I like it. :yesway: It's also the only powder I've ever tried where I didn't wretch from the taste. :lol:

7. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Here's a question for anyone who uses creatine...

Do you ever feel nauseous after downing a serving? I noticed whenever I take creatine I feel like crap for the following hour or two. When I don't bother to take it, I feel perfectly fine. It does not upset my stomache, it's more of a nauseous and want to throw up feeling. My creatine isn't close to expiring, so that's not the issue. Could it be the 33g of sugar? I'm about to throw out the entire tub and pass on creatine. Other than feeling nauseous, I really haven't seen much of an improvement from taking creatine.

8. Uncreative123

Try a different brand- if the same thing happens, you'll know for sure. Or try creatine monohydrate so you don't have to worry about/consider the sugar as a factor.

9. jon66

jon66 Contributor

+1 on trying plain creatine monohydrate. The 33g of sugar thing kind of threw me, which means you're obviously using some type of commercial creatine blended mix with who-knows-what added. Its likely that there's something else in the mix that's causing you to feel sick and that it's not the creatine itself...

10. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Thanks for the suggestion, guys! I'll look into the creatine monohydrate and dump what I'm using now. I never really took a look at the label until today in an attempt to figure out why I feel like shit after downing the creatine. The sugar content caught me by surprise and seemed odd. I feel perfectly fine when I don't take creatine, but the days I do I always get the same feeling.

Any recommendations on a smaller tub of creatine monohydrate to try?

11. Uncreative123

Biotest made a decent creatine mono- and it was only like $12. Comes in a small tub, but the serving size is so small it can easily last 4 months. Don't know if they still make it. If they don't any reg. mono should do. Should be a lot cheaper than dat dere cell-tech too.

12. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Thanks! I'll look into that and see what I can find. Do you use it before every workout or once in a while?

13. Uncreative123

How do these spam bots keep getting on here? And WHY?

14. theo

theo Got Hype(machine)?

Does anyone here have any experience with APS mesomorph pre workout supplement?

15. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

argh! i'm hating my life getting in the way of my workouts!

but what i realized is that before, when i used to work out every day without a break, i wasn't shedding my body fat% by much. it was very slow on the decline. now, i workout hard for a week, and i lose 2% here, 3% there. and i'm not even eating clean like i used to...:s

16. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

I recently switched over to ON Gold Standard Whey Isolate and wish I switched sooner. Anyone else using ON protein?

17. AngstRiddenDreams

AngstRiddenDreams Filthy Casual

^ I would love to start. Right now i'm using the Body Fortress protein from Walmart. Any bad things about it i should know??? :ugh:

18. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Do yourself a favor and spend an extra $10 for ON Gold Standard Whey Isolate. I used that Body Fortress stuff for a little while and it's crap. It's cheap as hell for a reason. I stumbled across the Body Fortress stuff when I stopped in a Walmart to pick up some protein bars. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone.

Once you finish the tub, move on to something else.

19. AngstRiddenDreams

AngstRiddenDreams Filthy Casual

Just bought some dymatize elite, hopefully it's better! :)

20. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

i'm really craving their 'mocha cappuccino' flavor thats elusive to bb.com. after i get my ass back to 'workout' mode and finish all my protein(out of 25 lbs, i'm down to about 18 lbs of it), i'm thinking of giving protein factory a try, and get a tub or two of ON 100% as well.