Songs in Drop F (F C F A# D# G C)??

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by RobDobble6S7, Feb 4, 2021.

1. RobDobble6S7

RobDobble6S7 Lizard Man

I recently fitted some Horizon Devices 11-74 strings on my 7, and I'm looking for tunes to bang out. I love Northlane, so I've already got Citizen, from Glass Cloud there is most of their debut album (which is technically on an 8, but you can play it on a 7), anything else anyone can think of? Off the top of my head there is also some of Northlane's Alien, but I don't have a whammy pedal.

2. BeyonThe7thSeal

BeyonThe7thSeal SS.org Regular

Rivers of Nihil play in drop f, if I recall correctly.

RobDobble6S7 likes this.
  3. Jeffrey Bain

Jeffrey Bain SS.org Regular

I want to say some of spiritbox songs are in drop F#. Are also heavy as fuck

RobDobble6S7 likes this.
  4. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

Drop F# and G# standard iirc. The Silent Life is Drop F# I know that.

Drop F is a fun tuning but Northlane is one of the big ones you already have covered.

Everything put out by Reflections before their latest album is Drop F or C standard.

I *believe* that most everything put out by Dealer is Drop F, at the very least Grotesque is.

Most/all stuff from Varials is Drop F.

Fairly certain DVSR is Drop F though they may be Drop F# and I'm just remembering incorrectly. Same for Carnifex and Acacia Strain as I'm just blanking on whether they're Drop F or Drop F#.

Obviously gotta mention Vildhjarta and earlier Humanity's Last Breath, though there's a slight change somewhere in the high strings with Vildhjarta. Think it's the 2nd or 3rd string tuned up a half step.

Fit For A King has a decent number of songs in Drop F (especially on Deathgrip) but you'll have to take the low C down to A# ala Northlane.

ERRA and Invent Animate have a few songs in Drop F but they're weird variations on the tuning last I remember.

Drop F# opens up a few more doors. Volumes, Thornhill, Spiritbox, newer Veil of Maya (drop the C# down to B), etc...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    RobDobble6S7 likes this.
  5. RobDobble6S7

RobDobble6S7 Lizard Man

Ah yes, Acacia Strain is F on an 8. I was in F# but I tuned down to F just to be spicy.