Something things I've noticed about this forum.

wretchedspawn

Conquering theThrone
Reaction score
Let me first say I'm not trying to be an asshole about this. It will probably make some dislike me or maybe some will agree. Either way, I say to you...

I have noticed that unless you are "popular" or however you want to say it, not many people will respond to your threads. Though it seems if someone of status responds then others will start to put in opinions too. It seems to be quite hard for some at times to get help with something around here.

(This could just be me PMSing as nothing has gone well since this afternoon.)

Though I will say there is a lot of great information floating around here and when people do respond it is usually always kind and informative. And I think the moderators do a great job as well. They aren't dicks but keep things going smoothly.

So, yup. That's what's happening in my brain at the moment.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sometimes threads just get lost in the shuffle. I usually only check the 'ForumSpy', so there's a lot of threads I end up missing. I respond to any thread where I feel I can give someone advice, help out or attempt to make people laugh with a joke, etc.

Don't take it personally. You're cool with me since you're clearly a Cannibal Corpse fan :metal:

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, sometimes threads get lost in the shuffle.

Also, most members click the "New Posts" button, so threads with no responses don't always come up. Fairly often though I'll check the "Unanswered Posts" search feature to see if there's a topic thats interesting or that I might be able put in some valid input.

You could always try :bump: ing the shit out of it until somebody responds? :lol:

EDIT: Holy shit, sniped! :lol:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I had that problem, so I started making gay jokes with other forum members and bullying moderators til people knew my name.

Whats your question, boyo? I only really respond to something with 'Ibanez' or "I <3 Schecter" in the title...for entirely different reasons. :)

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't sweat it. Lots of threads started by people on this forum, who are fairly popular, only get a few responses.

You could always bump the thread like Zepp said or PM someone who seems fairly knowledgable about a topic.

Just be yourself on here and you'll be fine. :D

wretchedspawn

Conquering theThrone
Reaction score
I don't take it personally. I've only had it happen two or three times but I see a lot where there will be a good deal of views and not one response. Just erks me a bit. I don't know why.

(Zimbloth, I would love to hear some more of your material by the way. There was a song you put up here a bit ago that was my favortie out of all that I've heard on here.)

shadowgenesis

Yarrrrrr
Reaction score
<------ or find some reason to argue with people on moral grounds

it's aight. if you look at all the threads i've started, i doubt more than one out of 10 gets more than 5 to 10 replies.

*cries*

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
I don't take it personally. I've only had it happen two or three times but I see a lot where there will be a good deal of views and not one response. Just erks me a bit. I don't know why.

(Zimbloth, I would love to hear some more of your material by the way. There was a song you put up here a bit ago that was my favortie out of all that I've heard on here.)

Keep in mind, too, the average veiw: post ratio is usually around 10:1

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
I post a shit ton of humor, and many times folks read it, laugh and leave. I don't expect them to post unless they really have an opinion, or a humorous point to add. It may just be that the people you consider popular are the ones that post the most interesting, poignant or funny stuff. Folks know what they will get when they see a post from these guys, so they're more likely to open them. It takes time.. (and massive post whoring!)

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sometimes threads just get lost in the shuffle. I usually only check the 'ForumSpy', so there's a lot of threads I end up missing. I respond to any thread where I feel I can give someone advice, help out or attempt to make people laugh with a joke, etc.

Don't take it personally.

+1

Latest posts