Someone is smoking crack

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by haffner1, Mar 26, 2009.

1. haffner1

haffner1 SS.org Regular

I could maybe see it if it was something totaly decked out- hand made archtop hollow body by Bob Benedetto or something but that's about it.

2. KholdStare

KholdStare SS.org Regular

Hahaaha! :lol: Nice :p
    Rediculous prices... The ebay auction was pretty awesome though!

3. thebhef

thebhef King....of....Mountn Contributor

How is that a clearance AND a preorder?

4. ShadyDavey

ShadyDavey 7ibrarian

Quite honestly while I appreciate your point of view I would have to say that I can't agree with it on the basis of "Talent" given the best musician in Metallica sadly passed on years ago and Dave's got his own band (plus relatively inexpensive sig guitars :) ). I thinkit shows in some of their recent releases.

People couldn't care less (judging by the reponses here at least) if Metallica are perceied as Virtuosi or not, or if the guitar was released by ESP, or Fender, or any other company when the fact remains its blatantly cashing in on their image and the naivety of the fans to part with frankly ridiculous sums of cash (to say nothing of $25k for a Frankenstrat or $10k for a freaking amp).

I'd level that criticism at any of the custom guitars attatched to some smiling rock musican and it has nothing to do with the price of the instrument relative to my financial position. I just don't think that its close to worth it as an investment (because they'll end up getting sold to some other middle-aged bank managed with a secret Metallica fetish) if you can sell the damn things at all.

For a third of the price you can (as you acknowledge) pick up a KxK, or an Elysian, or a LACS etc etc - all guitars which are going to perform as well if not better, sound equally good or perhaps even superior.....hell you could even go with an Iron Cross motif if thats your thing. You've saved $6k and you haven't got to gargle afterwards.

5. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 Forum MVP

the whole thing is flame maple dude, and Celestion's speakers in that line all cost the same

6. a7stringkilla

a7stringkilla SS.org Regular

HA! thats pretty funny.

7. 70Seven

70Seven Ibanez Foerever!!!

Guys your missing the point, for $20 000 you can sound EXACTLY like Metallica, you can have their tone for 20k, its work it if you ask me. Tone is in the fingers? Not if you have an extra 20k around.

8. JaxoBuzzo

JaxoBuzzo ....ing river pirate

oh there will be some metallica fanboy that jumps all over that.

9. Sepultorture

Sepultorture Murder Machine

$9,999

i could buy three Sherman customs for that

10. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

trust me fellas there is a guy on the esp forum that has like 2 or 3 of the 20th anny kh2s and at least one of each of ALL the other metallica sigs. im pretty sure he got the new ones. he can afford it. i mean, if you have that kinda money by all means even if you dont, buy whatever the hell you want. my opinion is that its pretty freakin ridiculous. i would pay the 10k for a ridiculously high priced prs private stock before i would put it on that. just because i know i could sell the private stock at a lot less of a loss.

11. fiaracer

fiaracer Well-Known Member

When i saw the iron cross guitar I thought it was sweet. then the pricetag showed up. If they made an ltd version for a G then ill be down but a beat up eclipse is not how I would spend 10G's Id rather rock 3 les paul customs in different colors. or a Used Ducati motorcycle.

Esp should reissue james lawsuit black esp explorer. that would be classic.