wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just think, if we had Adieu's way, kids would be shown those movies in school, so you wouldn't even be able to brag about learning it at university

NGL That movie definitely sparked an interest in physics in me, and I wrote a pretty fucking solid paper in a Lit Crit class drawing comparisons between TS Eliot's Journey of the Magi and (my very pedestrian understanding of) multiverse theory. I've never been prouder of a B+ in my life, that class was hard as fuck and the teacher was a jerk. I still failed it but I'll never not be proud of that paper, I worked hard on it.

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
NGL That movie definitely sparked an interest in physics in me, and I wrote a pretty fucking solid paper in a Lit Crit class drawing comparisons between TS Eliot's Journey of the Magi and (my very pedestrian understanding of) multiverse theory. I've never been prouder of a B+ in my life, that class was hard as fuck and the teacher was a jerk. I still failed it but I'll never not be proud of that paper, I worked hard on it.

Deviating from meme territory for a moment- I'd be interested in reading it, if you are willing to share what you wrote.
Some of those lit related courses back in the day had some tripe here and there (standardized test materials have been especially notorious, in this regard). But on the bright side, there's a plethora of good and substantial material worth covering. And I'd like to think the latter outweighed the former, overall.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Deviating from meme territory for a moment- I'd be interested in reading it, if you are willing to share what you wrote.
Some of those lit related courses back in the day had some tripe here and there (standardized test materials have been especially notorious, in this regard). But on the bright side, there's a plethora of good and substantial material worth covering. And I'd like to think the latter outweighed the former, overall.

I appreciate your interest but unfortunately, that's three or four dead MacBooks ago at this point.

I agree, I really enjoyed aspects of that course and a lot of the readings, but the atmosphere between the teacher and other students was really pretentious in a way that made me feel stupid and very unwelcome in the classroom. I was also a lazy 19y.o shit but that was the only class I just stopped going to that semester, and I really liked it for the first couple weeks.

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
What would the proper Australian thing to say be in that meme instead of cunt?

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
But I liked Hypercube 😥😥😥. I never saw the original Cube as I'm not of a fan of escape trap horror type movies, and only was more interested in Hypercube due to the physic concepts of the rooms. I mean rooms where you rapidly age, due to time dilation, multiple versions of yourself and collapsing tesseracts is far more interesting to me than death by flamethrowers, spikes or moving walls because you chose the wrong room.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
289878997_3233192933674555_1258623065712682317_n.jpg

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
But I liked Hypercube 😥😥😥. I never saw the original Cube as I'm not of a fan of escape trap horror type movies, and only was more interested in Hypercube due to the physic concepts of the rooms. I mean rooms where you rapidly age, due to time dilation, multiple versions of yourself and collapsing tesseracts is far more interesting to me than death by flamethrowers, spikes or moving walls because you chose the wrong room.

I liked it too, it had a ton of potential but I just felt like the overall result was a lot weaker than Cube.

Cube is in a realm of its own as far as escape trap horror but that's in large part due to the expansions on the story the other movies brought. Even Cube Zero had some interesting contributions, despite being largely awful. Overall a cool/compelling setting that I wish had been developed with a little more care.

Bodes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Doing God's work, thank you
images (2).jpeg

They even had to ban our Federal politicians from calling a member from another party 'mate', as they all knew what they really meant. Politians can now only refer to other politicians by their official title when on Parliament floor. "I ask the member for Bruce to retract their last statement", etc.
Yes, there is a electorate called Bruce, I live in it. Insert a Monty Python meme.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
View attachment 109942

They even had to ban our Federal politicians from calling a member from another party 'mate', as they all knew what they really meant. Politians can now only refer to other politicians by their official title when on Parliament floor. "I ask the member for Bruce to retract their last statement", etc.
Yes, there is a electorate called Bruce, I live in it. Insert a Monty Python meme.
So no honourable and learned cunts in Parliament?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Its so funny because c**t is like a REAL swear word where i live. Kids and grannies to priests are dropping f and s bombs everywhere, but someone drop a C bomb and you might as well have stabbed them in the side.