Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

View attachment 109263

eb6415dc390c30cc451cad66bc91a8bd.gif

Not with that Tele, he aint...
View attachment 109265

Why is Fat Gsus holding an ugly-azz Epiphone?

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You're only seeing them, because you haven't tried NEW PRODUCT ANTI-SPAM SPAM-BLOCKING EXCELLENT QUALITY VALUE GUMMIES!
My favorite is what the title of the "article" and the URL include something like, "Is DeToxIt legit or a scam?" and it's just an ad for DeToxIt or whatever bullshit so it's clearly a scam. :lol:

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
Idk, that looks like a mega tool fan kind of joint to roll.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
That's great! Literally got me laughing out loud. Not sure how I didn't see that coming as soon as I read Anthony Kiedis.

Also, isnt tool stoner rock? Im actually not sure there is a better genre for them...?
When I was a teenager, I thought Tool was a great band. They were never like one of my top ten, but I respected that they had a unique style and sound. To this day, I have not heard any band that sounds just like them. There are maybe only a handful of popular bands that can have that honestly said about them.

That said, Tool fans used to be obnoxious. Kind of like all of the negative things about Rush fans and all of the negative things about Marilyn Manson fans blended together. I think, though, that at some point, the memes about Tool fans being obnoxious got more obnoxious than their subject material. I'm not saying that about the meme in this thread, because it's pretty funny how it resonates. But the music memes groups on facebook, circa 2016, were just absolutely dominated with unfunny Tool memes. It's sort of like how Nickleback was kind of a formulaic unoriginal band, and people absolutely shat all over them to the point where Nickleback was cringe, but hating on Nickleback was far more cringe. Like, I know it all started out with a good point, and then it was all just fun and memes, but then it just went too far because people in general don't know when it's time to move on to new material.

But yeah, Tool, to me, is one of those bands that rides the fence between rock and metal, and they seem to be strongly associated (at least in meme culture) with either stoners or pretentious douches.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
yeah i feel the same, Tool fans ruined Tool for me. I'm not a huge fan myself (I only like Lateralus) but I can appreciate the unique sound and style which can be appealing.
The only problem has been the amount of mental masturbation on how about they were some kind of geniuses and everyone were just plebs.

LordIronSpatula

A series of interconnected fortune cookies.
Reaction score
That said, Tool fans used to be obnoxious. Kind of like all of the negative things about Rush fans and all of the negative things about Marilyn Manson fans blended together. I think, though, that at some point, the memes about Tool fans being obnoxious got more obnoxious than their subject material. I'm not saying that about the meme in this thread, because it's pretty funny how it resonates. But the music memes groups on facebook, circa 2016, were just absolutely dominated with unfunny Tool memes. It's sort of like how Nickleback was kind of a formulaic unoriginal band, and people absolutely shat all over them to the point where Nickleback was cringe, but hating on Nickleback was far more cringe. Like, I know it all started out with a good point, and then it was all just fun and memes, but then it just went too far because people in general don't know when it's time to move on to new material.
I've enjoyed Tool's music for a long time. But seeing them in concert is always a little disillusioning because of well, their fans... I see a lot of things I'd rather not be associated with. :lol:

But what about FFDP? Will hating on them ever be more cringe than they are themselves? Is it even possible?