Some guitars are too funny not to post

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
I figure folks into the Ethereal look are just the Millennial version of the GenX'ers who like Monson.
bad taste transcends generations. The people that like Etherial typically like Monson or Moser, etc too ime.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
bad taste transcends generations. The people that like Etherial typically like Monson or Moser, etc too ime.

I feel like you need to show your AARP card in order to buy a Moser, but I suppose I'm out of touch as I don't really participate in those more niche parts of social media where kids want Bastard Vs and Morpheuseses. :lol:

Omzig

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
this looks like one half of a massive set of sun glasses...$2k!

Profile_Shot_1_Medium_Res_grande.jpg

wtf2.jpg

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
I feel like you need to show your AARP card in order to buy a Moser, but I suppose I'm out of touch as I don't really participate in those more niche parts of social media where kids want Bastard Vs and Morpheuseses. :lol:
AARP doesn't have an age limit, anyone can get a membership lol. Same with liking cringy "extreme" designs There are definitely guys under 30 that want Mosers, Monsons, blakhart, legion, etc from what I've seen.

Masoo2

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
AARP doesn't have an age limit, anyone can get a membership lol. Same with liking cringy "extreme" designs There are definitely guys under 30 that want Mosers, Monsons, blakhart, legion, etc from what I've seen.
I can still never tell if Blakhart is a real company or not.

They fade to obscurity in the back of my head for years on end, then I somehow stumble across them.

Case in point - I checked Blue from Fit For An Autopsy's Instagram today out of curiosity and it turns out he rocks Blakharts for one of his side projects.

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
I can still never tell if Blakhart is a real company or not.

They fade to obscurity in the back of my head for years on end, then I somehow stumble across them.

Case in point - I checked Blue from Fit For An Autopsy's Instagram today out of curiosity and it turns out he rocks Blakharts for one of his side projects.
Yeah I'm surprised they're still around.

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
The best part is he makes no qualms about it being $3500 new, AND having a lot of fret buzz on the 7th string. And he's not the first owner. So yeah, stay away from drugs, kids.
I love how basically everyone in the 7-8string fb group has been memeing the price and fret buzz to death

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
So much wtf... The fretboard inlays/design is atrocious. It's like a BC Rich had a seizure while watching the Rational Gaze video
… and I bet those are Deathbeds in the "neck" & bridge.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
this looks like one half of a massive set of sun glasses...$2k!

Profile_Shot_1_Medium_Res_grande.jpg

View attachment 117567

Exactly what I was thinking. :lol: :cool:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
:deadhrse: but

He obviously puts so much imagination into these. It must take a ton of effort to curve the frets like that. But... why does it curve in? Both the nut and the bridge curve such that the bass strings have less added length and the treble strings have more decreased length per string. That makes little sense to me. If it wasn't Etherial, I would ponder that, but since it is what it is, I'm confident that it was done that way "just because." Erg, such a waste. A lot of the concepts of this guitar could have been great if they were on, well, a better guitar, with a little bit of actual logical thought put into them.

I know this guitar is the prime example of this thread - stuff that makes you wince, but this one in particular just plain hurts. Meanwhile, they aren't making Parkers any more, and those only had a handful of "flaws." These Etherials are like two or three great ideas and then everything else is awful.

[/rant]

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Wow looked up Monson, and for having literally 51 unique shapes, I liked -3 of them. Yep. I hated them all so much I went and found 3 more shapes that aren't even theirs and I hate them too.

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
:deadhorse: but

He obviously puts so much imagination into these. It must take a ton of effort to curve the frets like that. But... why does it curve in? Both the nut and the bridge curve such that the bass strings have less added length and the treble strings have more decreased length per string. That makes little sense to me. If it wasn't Etherial, I would ponder that, but since it is what it is, I'm confident that it was done that way "just because." Erg, such a waste. A lot of the concepts of this guitar could have been great if they were on, well, a better guitar, with a little bit of actual logical thought put into them.

I know this guitar is the prime example of this thread - stuff that makes you wince, but this one in particular just plain hurts. Meanwhile, they aren't making Parkers any more, and those only had a handful of "flaws." These Etherials are like two or three great ideas and then everything else is awful.

[/rant]
he saw what Oni was doing with e-scale frets and decided to completely fuck up the general concept. I have an intense hatred for Etherial's "designs". He has zero understanding of ergonomics. *cough* concave neck *cough*

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
he saw what Oni was doing with e-scale frets and decided to completely fuck up the general concept. I have an intense hatred for Etherial's "designs". He has zero understanding of ergonomics. *cough* concave neck *cough*
:agreed:

Of course, there is "zero understanding" level one - where some jackass like me is hacking away at wood in his or her garage trying to see if it is possible to make a vaguely playable guitar. Then there is level two where said jackass is trying to sell such a creation on reverb. Level three, trying to sell these monstrosities commercially. And then there is level Etherial, where you have hundreds of advanced luthiere techniques that you didn't bother to learn, nor do you care at all why they were developed in the first place, but you are doing them anyway.

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
:agreed:

Of course, there is "zero understanding" level one - where some jackass like me is hacking away at wood in his or her garage trying to see if it is possible to make a vaguely playable guitar. Then there is level two where said jackass is trying to sell such a creation on reverb. Level three, trying to sell these monstrosities commercially. And then there is level Etherial, where you have hundreds of advanced luthiere techniques that you didn't bother to learn, nor do you care at all why they were developed in the first place, but you are doing them anyway.
Etherial is exactly like some of the dipshits that I've taken college level art classes with. They refused to learn basic concepts like general anatomy, structure and immediately gravitated towards creating stuff in their own "style" . They'd end up with polished turds where they over rendered a lot of details (e.g. overly complicated designs and inlays, e scale, cf and aluminum use), and fucked up all the actually important bits (playability, ergonomics).