Some guitars are too funny not to post

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
I'm on the fence of liking or really hating the headstock. The body kind of looks like a 1950's toilet seat.

Crungy

Reaction score
Exactly! The Bongo is the ultimate toilet seat instrument, and you can use it's can opener headstock on it to open the sardine can headstock on the retro toilet guitar!

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
unknown.png

unknown.png

Crungy

Reaction score
It has that surrealistic horror vibe to it, fuck that lol

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Formerly a Guild Flying Star:

A Leslie West devotee turned an '80s "pointy" guitar into a more playable companion with a hand-painted homage to his hero.

I would get [...] laughed at, if I showed up for a blues jam with this pointy guitar. Something had to be done. I decided to draw radiuses and cut off all the points on a band saw, and then primed/painted those areas. Next came the custom paint job, which was done freehand by my wife and is based on the album cover of Mountain's Climbing.

This is now a total custom job that I find to be a good-looking, good-sounding, good-playing guitar. I have a modest guitar collection. Without fail, when I have musicians over, this is the guitar everyone gravitates to, asking questions about it, and they all want to play it.

The full story: https://www.premierguitar.com/pro-advice/reader-guitar-of-the-month/guild-flying-star-x-88

1655423742052.png

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man, these are a gold mine...

Naturally, if you're a musician and guitar collector for this long, eventually you'll get around to building your own. I decided to go all in at building one based on the state shape of West Virginia. If you live in Kansas, or Nebraska, or some of the other Midwestern states, building a state-shaped guitar might not be too difficult. But, if you live in West Virginia, that can be a challenge!

The full story:

1655424022647.png 1655424052943.png