Some guitars are too funny not to post

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by vilk, Aug 7, 2015.

1. odibrom

odibrom .

wtf is that?... nazi symbols...?

2. NickS

NickS Rocket Surgeon

^ I think it's an ESP Lynch sig of some sort?

3. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Imperial 1940's Japan not controvertial enough, eh?

4. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

5. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

double post

6. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Along those lines...

7. zappatton2

zappatton2 SS.org Regular

So is the Pokemon a nod to Imperial Japan? I bet this guy's got a real firm grip on history, eh?

8. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

Spicypickles likes this.
  9. odibrom

odibrom .

It's sad when people forget the meaning and history of symbols. The swastika cross has been around for way longer than nazis have, but they shattered and destroyed its previously meanings to ocidental culture. Symbols (graphic or not) perpetuate concepts and ideals, it's their function.

One shouldn't play with fire...

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  10. Fred the Shred

Fred the Shred Shrederick

I own a Messerchmitt BF109 themed guitar which I love to death, since it's one of my favourite warbirds. Since the swastika typically appears in the rudder in most examples, it was simple to take the customary yellow stripe by the Iron Cross in the fuselage and use it as the pattern. People who are into these WWII recognize which plane inspired it with not one swastika in sight, which could lend itself to (completely false, in my case) political connotations.

I get where the guy is getting at, but a lot of stuff there just looks painted to be intentionally provocative, since there were no Luftwaffe planes with anything like that during WWII. Seriously, why would anyone paint ALL the nazi paraphernalia in the fuselage, let alone using that kind of pattern? :lol:

11. possumkiller

possumkiller SS.org Regular

The camo pattern is pretty out of place. Not resembling any real German aircraft scheme of the time. The yellow band is typical German aircraft marking. The shield with sword is a unit insignia. On top of it is some sort of North Africa related insignia. The bird wing logo is typical insignia on pilot uniforms. The numbers I am not sure are trying to replicate any particular plane. The kill markings are generic. The swastika is placed pretty haphazard. Overall I think someone just wanted a nazi version of a GL Kamakaze.

I am also into warbirds, military history, aviation and such. This looks like someone had an idea but didn't really do the homework to execute it properly.

JD27 and Fred the Shred like this.
  12. Fred the Shred

Exactly - you have a weird combo, and even if you did choose a section of the plane with the Swastika on, it's still all wrong in the paint scheme around the swastika to boot. I still considered them having used an Afrikakorps BF110 or something as the basis and tried to cram a ton of stuff in there, but the camo is wrong too as you pointed out. I think it's too haphazard for there to be any actual research behind it, to be honest.

Surely we can't be the only ones to spot "some" differences :lol:
    [​IMG]

JD27 and possumkiller like this.
  13. possumkiller

Is that a G6?
    Do you fly https://il2sturmovik.com/ ?

14. Fred the Shred

It is a G6, yeah! Badass looking things, aren't they?

Never played that game - how is it? :)

possumkiller likes this.
  15. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire jUsT bUy A 5150

meh. not anywhere near as offensive as Jeff Hanneman's wehraboo ss/totenkopf ESP:
    [​IMG]

16. possumkiller

It depends on what you want. I find it a good balance between the arcade style "gaminess" of War Thunder (without the grinding to unlock or pay to win bs) and the very detailed but tedious hardcore sim style of DCS or the civil sims. Right now there are three modules of the Russian front Moscow 41-42, Stalingrad 42-43, and Kuban 43. There is a Western Front module in early access right now for the 44 Bodenplatte operation as well as a WW1 and tank module. The 109s available are E7, F2, F4, G2, G4, G6, G14, and K4. The 190s we have are A3, A5, A7/8, and D9. There are Bf110E2 and G2. He111H6 and H16 are axis bombers. Ju-87D and Hs129B2 axis attackers. Ju52 transport. Allies consist of major Soviet variants and lend/lease I16, MiG-3, Yak-1, Yak-7B, LaGG-3, La-5, Pe-2, Il-2, U-2/Po-2, A-20B, P-40E, Spit V, Spit IV, P-47D28, P-39, P-51D25 and some others.

Online multiplayer has all maps available even if you only bought one. The SP career mode is pretty cool. It's a constant WiP with improvements taking effect for all the modules.

I've spent way too much time on it.

Fred the Shred likes this.
  17. possumkiller

Well yeah. Jeff just said he wanted a super strat that looked like something used to impale death camp prisoners with during the Holocaust. All they are missing is a blood splatter top coat...

He wasn't a nazi, though! He just really really really liked nazi imagery and paraphernalia a LOT.

18. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire jUsT bUy A 5150

yeah I know, I'm just talking about the symbols used. Everybody equates the swastika with nazis when it's been in use for 1000s of years in both the east and the west. The ss runes and the totenkopf symbols are literally the mark of mass murderers/death squads (though some panzer/luftwaffe units also used it), which is why I think they're way more offensive. Honestly the only way to make that guitar more insensitive would be to have a decoupage top with pics of actual mass graves/concentration camp victims.

19. Kaura

Kaura communism is alive

I guess nazis are still alive and well in Finland. :lol:

[​IMG]

Adieu likes this.
  20. iamaom

iamaom SS.org Regular

Hey man, at least it acknowledges that the Holocaust happened in the first place, rather than the bizarre "it was a hoax by the jew so they could pretend to be victims".