Solar Guitars by Ola Englund

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by zarg, Nov 27, 2017.

1. aesthyrian

aesthyrian SS.org Regular

You forget to mention that it's also better than the Edge as it has all the best features of the Edge, but other improvements that Ibanez has failed to make in 20 years such as a usable trem arm, brass block, saddles that won't slip off while intonating, etc..

and like you said, it's cheaper!

2. Ola Englund

Ola Englund SS.org Regular

Sorry man didn't see this until now, I don't understand many things in life.

1. It's a new option so if a model calls for it, I will use more. I personally love the distressed look. It's just a matter of balancing tacky and cool.
    2. Well some models will stay forever, like a simple A2.6C . But most of the line will change here and there.
    3. This is a tough one, since we're an international company offering to sell almost all over the world, there is not a single finance option to cover all customers.
    So if we would implement one solution for one country, we would need to do the same for others etc. It's a lot of work. I just tell people to use their credit cards instead.
    4. Dude thank you so much man... <3

3. T00DEEPBLUE

T00DEEPBLUE SS.org Regular

@Ola Englund You've probably already heard this from millions of people already but its 100% true. Everybody here enormously appreciates you taking the time to answer people's questions on this pokey little thread despite how crammed and unrelentingly stressful your schedule is.

I haven't forgotten how you immediately sent me a second signed copy of Synder when there was a suspected CD mix up on the first one I received last year. I'm not quite sure how you're able to micromanage it all. But thank you so much.

JimF and Zanmato86 like this.
  4. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

meme2.jpg

I'll be fine with a natural distressed too.

The906 likes this.
  5. Ola Englund

Thank you! Don't worry about me man, I'm trying to fix my situation. Good start is my wife is doing all the merch and orders...

6. BusinessMan

BusinessMan SS.org Regular

Hey Ola, how long will the E2.7 be around? I really want but don’t see myself having the funds for one in the near future but would love one.

7. JimF

JimF SS.org Regular

:hug::wub3:

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! Balancing us idiots, a business, your solo project, your YouTube channel, and writing for new Feared & The Haunted albums must be ruining you. Don't burn yourself out!

8. ghostOG

ghostOG SS.org Regular

I was thinking of "Licensed Under Floyd Rose" tremolos.
    https://floydrose.com/blogs/tech-talk/licensed-vs-authentic

My LTD does have the Special though, and it has the issues I talked about.

9. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Hola Ola, I'm sure this came up before but I didn't find anything about it. Is there any chance to buy a Solar without the inlay at 12th fret? I like the inlay but prefer no inlay on neck. I understand it's a logo for company but guitar will still have name on headstock. Any input is appreciated if this is an option. As a side note, I realy enjoy your videos and am glad someone knows how to dial in a metal tone. Good job man.
    BTW, am I the only person who hears Ola's voice in my head when reading his messages? : )

10. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

The thing is "LFR" covers pretty much everything that isn't a Floyd Rose brand product.

So a Schaller Lockmeister and Gotoh 1996T are "LFR" units, while the cheaper Floyd Rose Special is a "real" Floyd.

It has never been a great determinant of the quality of unit.

XPT707FX and setsuna7 like this.
  11. sezna

sezna undermotivated Contributor

Addressed ad nauseum, it shan’t happen

12. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

I feel like Ola's the type of person to be LESS likely to remove the inlay if you keep asking him to.

Merrekof and Ordacleaphobia like this.
  13. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

- I can't find anything about it.
    - If I use the search function on this website and search this thread title, type in Ola's user name there is nothing on it. In fact there is only 2 posts that even come up from Ola in this thread, and if I search the word inlay and the thread title there is nothing that comes up out of 88 pages in this thread. If I type inlay and search his user name and search the website there are no results. Maybe the search engine is broken or something? Where has this been addressed ad nauseum? I have never asked anyone before about it, only expressed along with others how it would be nice to have one with no inlay. Who keeps asking him to remove the inlay? Seriously. I can't find anything about it and I've never asked him before about it. Probably just not in the serach engine or something.

14. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

True. If he did remove it, he'd put an inlay of a big ol' dick, just to fuck with you. :lol:

sezna likes this.
  15. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

The inlay question has been in addresses in one if not two FAQs with the answer being "It's staying"

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  16. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Like I said. I can't find it anywhere. That's why I asked. Search engine not finding it. I'll assume everyone is right about it then unless I get a reply stating otherwise.

17. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

Ah, misinterpreted, my bad. He's stated it on his YouTube FAQs, not on the forum.

c7spheres likes this.
  18. Ola Englund

I think this model as long as it sells, that it will probably stick around. It's almost a base model at this point. But never say never right...

No problem man, occasionally I remember to stumble in here, after all forums is something I truly miss in this day and age where everyone wants a quick social media fix. I grew up on forums. And yeah I'm currently not sorta writing for Feared or The Haunted :D I still have a lot of shit on my plate.

Cheers man, I know what you're saying but removing the logo sort of removes the point with the company. I'm building a brand and with that I need things that make us a brand that stands out from the rest, with the logo, the headstock, the shapes etc. So far so good. People can say all they want that it's stupid because we would sell more guitars without it, but then we would loose the face of the brand basically. I would love to be able to make everyone their favorite guitar but I also have a vision in where I want the company to be in 5-10 years. Hope you understand!

Surveyor 777 and mlp187 like this.
  19. BusinessMan

BusinessMan SS.org Regular

Guys buy these so I can buy one here in a wide seshmo :lol:

20. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

I totally understand that. I'm really considering that A1.7FR FB model till though. That is very nice and the price is nice too. Good times, keep chuggin.