So I started a side project (tech, djent, prog)

SquirtleSquad

skeepbop
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just finished writing an 8 track album for my side project outside of my other band Icosian, called Sol 2183
I've always been a huge fan of more technical music, and stuff like that doesn't really sit in my other band well. So I've been working on this side project for about 3 weeks now.

https://soundcloud.com/icosian/dystopia-5-mix1

I really enjoyed the production from the Anup Sastry ep, and followed a similar approach. Alot of these riffs are hard, to say the least... but I'd rather not be limited by technical ability to write music I want to hear. :]
For guitar tone, I'm using an EBMM jp6 with my Axe-Fx 2 ,with a Fas Modern patch with the German412 cab. The guitars here are straight zero post-eq/compression
Only thing really going on is a master bus. I haven't touched the mix yet so I still need to get going on that.
Finished writing the last song tonight, and I'm off to record the rest of it over the next 2 weeks.

Hope you guys can enjoy it

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Wow! What a coincidence. I was just listening to that one Guitar Pro song you posted earlier this year and wondered what were you up to and then this comes up. Sounds really good. I'll definitely look foward to this. :D

SquirtleSquad

skeepbop
Reaction score
As in... How is this prog? Well prog is a label generally meaning "you may write the music without boundaries".
Which is exactly what I Aimed to do. I originally intended this to be basically tech death, and as I progressed it sooon became apparent that I should write music I'd like to hear instead of following a genres stereotypes and being bound to certain qualities to avoid irritating people.

I'm extremely pleased with how this and the other tracks have turned out and is everything as I envisioned it. If people hate it, I'm content with that.

SquirtleSquad

skeepbop
Reaction score
Wow! What a coincidence. I was just listening to that one Guitar Pro song you posted earlier this year and wondered what were you up to and then this comes up. Sounds really good. I'll definitely look foward to this. :D

I acually almost released a tab for another track, but I think I will wait until I have another track recorded. But Om excited to share this. It'll also be free release on band camp and ill be compiling a zip with tabs to every song

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
I acually almost released a tab for another track, but I think I will wait until I have another track recorded. But Om excited to share this. It'll also be free release on band camp and ill be compiling a zip with tabs to every song

Dude, good yourself for revisiting prog, as I could describe as Albert Adria as being for grilling a fish and drinking a beer, I wish I had better vernacular fpr the meeting, but it's still Street Cat and luxury, no matter how we dine. Good Story on that Amberjack.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Dude, good yourself for revisiting prog, as I could describe as Albert Adria as being for grilling a fish and drinking a beer, I wish I had better vernacular fpr the meeting, but it's still Street Cat and luxury, no matter how we dine. Good Story on that Amberjack.

What the actual ....? Am I missing a really odd inside joke or something?

Latest posts