So, Fallout 4...

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by SkapocalypseNow, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

I always wait until after all the DLC is out before I start installing mods anyway. I like to experience the game as the creators intended it first; to get as much mileage out of the vanilla game as I can.

Plus then once I do start using mods, I won't have to worry about "must have such-and-such DLC" requirements for mods.

2. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

So I got to the point in the story where you have to make a pretty big choice.

I knew I was going to pick the minutemen on this playthrough anyway, but damnit was it tough to turn down the Institute after learning who's in charge. Also Jesus was that a rough battle when the Institute attacks The Castle immediately after! Surprisingly only lost about 5 settlers, but now they're all armed with Institute weapons and laser muskets, so come at me again, bruh. :lol:

Edit:
    Also, didn't know how cool the Synth Field helmets look. Now Piper looks like a total badass:

[​IMG]

Got her decked out in Brotherhood of Steel medium combat armor and the BoS under-suit thing. This is amusing to me given her reactions to the BoS when I first went up to the Prydwen and talked to them.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  3. Vinchester

Vinchester SS.org Regular

Have been on and off FO4 since the releases. 100 enjoyable hrs in now but a few things have been nagging me.

Guys, how long are your loading times? I'm enduring something like 45 seconds and it's really getting to me.

4. ferret

ferret Not worthy

Mine are not that bad, but I have it installed on an SSD. Probably 5-8 seconds max.

5. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

I can't remember my load times, but they're negligible. No SSD, and the HD its on was crammed last I played. The console version is way worse. Just getting to the main menu from "press start" takes like 30 seconds where it's legit instant on PC.

6. BlackMastodon

Same, though mine are maybe 10-15 seconds max.

7. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

SSD guy here as well. Outside cells take longer but are still sub 20 seconds.

8. Grand Moff Tim

How long my loading takes seems to be pretty random. Sometimes it'll take ages, and sometimes it'll be instant. I can't make head nor tails of the circumstances, either.

I finished the Railroad ending for the main story a couple days ago, so now I've seen all four different faction endings. Gotta say, I haven't felt any pressing desire to play the game since thing. It might finally have gotten old.

Come on, DLC...

9. Vinchester

Vinchester SS.org Regular

Cheers guys. This weekend I went and bought myself a 500GB SSD :) Will connect it in soon. Thinking of using this as my OS drive but will need to go through a clean Windows install hmm.

10. BlackMastodon

Finished the main story line (pretty sure anyway...) last night. Good stuff. :yesway:

Don't know if I'll make a new character until full mod support is released with the creation tool, I'm really holding out for a Random Alternate Start mod. And I am for sure never making another settlement on any other character. :lol:

Most importantly, though: WHY WON'T PIPER LOVE ME!? :(

11. Grand Moff Tim

Doing an unarmed playthrough now, because why not. I still have a week and a half of vacation left and fuck all else to do. :lol:

Incidentally, I'm using high-level Luck perks this time around, and they're much more helpful than I was expecting. Moreso than they were with non-melee playstyles, at least. I never really focus too much on Luck, so it's interesting to fool around with that now.

12. leftyguitarjoe

13. BlackMastodon

I have his craftable pillars mod and it's suuuuuper finicky. Barely works really :\ I think I use a few of his other crafting ones and they're pretty good.

14. ferret

ferret Not worthy

This is just insane...

15. leftyguitarjoe

Once you get one down you can use the console to edit the XYZ coordinates. That and you can use the place in red hack.

16. leftyguitarjoe

Maaaaan. The new update killed my game :(

Well, the 40+ mods probably killed my game when the new update came out. I need to turn off autoupdate.

17. MajorTom

MajorTom Supreme Being

This is the only game I play on the xbox one pother than Rocksmith, but then I only own those two games.

18. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Ooooh, rough.

19. leftyguitarjoe

I updated everything and used LOOT to rearrange their load order. All is well.

20. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

I got it for Christmas for Xbox One and now I am sitting down and finally playing it. I currently have about 20 hours on it

This game is too damn addicting! I love it. I love what they did with the power armor. You do feel like a walking tank inside of it.