So, Fallout 4...

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by SkapocalypseNow, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

Jumped from the top of a skyscraper in power armor, to see if there's a limit to how much protection it gives you from falling.

There is not. I was unscathed. :lol:

2. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

I made a 3rd character. I wanted to be a cowboy damnit.

In case anyone was wondering, its the drifter outfit with the armor slots mod that lets you put armor over any outfit, hence the leather arm pieces.

[​IMG]

And a few levels later
    [​IMG]

3. maliciousteve

maliciousteve Contributor

I discovered that while jumping from the Prydwen. "F*ck yeah!" was my reaction

4. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ

same way i did it :p

5. BrainArt

BrainArt Deftones Guru.

I have a really bad habit of walking over mines while in my power armor.

It's *only* when in my power armor, though. When I'm out of it, I'm a bit more cautious and wary of where I step.

6. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Yesterday I got the perk for maxing out my friendship with Piper, tried to romance her, she was not interested at all. :lol: Felt bad for my dude, just can't catch a break.

I think I'll try to get the perk from Preston next, I started a bit with Strong but I don't use melee so I won't bother.

7. chaneisa

chaneisa Marc Spector

Just had the same thing happen to my main character. I made a second character with near maxed charisma specifically to romance her.

8. Grand Moff Tim

Well. The one main story ending I've seen so far was... pretty underwhelming, if I'm honest. Hopefully the other endings are a bit more satisfying.

9. Insinfier

Insinfier SS.org Regular

The two biggest endings are basically blow up this underground facility or blow up this airship, completely wiping out one of the two biggest factions. Going to bat for one of the smaller factions is probably even less exciting. Basically comes down to who has the coolest toys you want post-story and has the toys you want to bring with you into DLC. Story doesn't have as much significance as they would lead you to believe.

Oh, and uhhhh..... For the Brotherhood. Ad Victoriam. Blah blah blah. :cool:

10. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

I just ran into a bug on Shadow of Steel... Boarded the vertibird and it equipped me with the mounted minigun, but when we landed I couldn't let go of the minigun. It keeps doing this so I've loaded my save right before I boarded and buggered off to do other stuff. Bummer :(

11. JPhoenix19

JPhoenix19 Playing life by ear

Pro tip, save before you try. I believe you can save in dialogue, too.

That's what I had to do. First try was a no-go. Reloaded to an earlier save and wa-lah.

[​IMG]

12. Insinfier

Insinfier SS.org Regular

I don't even think you need to save. I've failed the speech check many, many times and it always gave me seemingly infinite opportunities to romance the companion. You can also get your hands on a box of Grape Mentats. Easy ingredients. Increases Charisma by 5.

Eventually it succeeded after bringing up my Charisma.

13. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

"Yo girl, take these errr....'mints'....." :ugh:

14. Grand Moff Tim

I still haven't done too much in the way of settlement building, but I'm pretty satisfied with what I've done with the Red Rocket this time around. I've usually used Sanctuary as my base of operations, but I'm doing another build (charisma/energy weapons focused), so I wanted to go in another direction.

I didn't do anything fancy like some of you fellas, though. just put a wall around it, added two more floors (both prefab: a medium one with two rooms, and a small one-room on top of that), and then added crops, water and defenses. I did cheat with TGM, so I could make it half decent :lol:. I was gonna be a recluse there, but I decided to be more "social," so I added a settler beacon and threw some mattresses on the ground in the shade outside :lol:.

At one point yesterday, some random super mutants came to protect my little homestead. The walls are lined with like ten missile launchers, so the settlers really didn't need to worry about it, but they went out to fight them anyway. I joined them, and once the super mutants were defeated, I turned around to see...

...my friggin' power armor standing out in the middle of the road. One of the settlers decided to hop in it when the attack started, and then just ditched it in the street once the skirmish was over. :lol:

I'm thinking I might have to build a little fence around it that doesn't have a gate, and then just use the workbench to remove it whenever I want to use the power armor, haha.

15. Grand Moff Tim

Incidentally, what mod are you guys using to remove the size limit?

16. Jake

Jake GAS Master

I've got my 15 sets :lol: of power armor on a roof mainly for display but also so that they're out of reach in case I leave a fusion core in one.

If you take the cores out of them when you're not in them the settlers won't get in them either just an FYI

17. Grand Moff Tim

"Oh sh!t, there's a Deathclaw over there. I'd better try to sneak pa-- DOGMEAT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? GET BACK HERE! THAT IS A DEATHCLAW! YOU ARE A DOG! HE IS BIG AND YOU ARE TINY! STOP THAT!"
    *sigh*
    "Dammit, Dogmeat."

18. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

Dogmeat drives me crazy, the guy that did the AI for him should be fired. He constantly runs away when I try to talk to him and give him supplies to carry, always gets in my way in narrow spots and doorways, runs through the junk I drop to break down or just sits right in it. grrrrrrrrrrr

Lol then if you use the take all function to retrieve your loot from him, well of course it takes off his body armor with it.

I need to trade him in for a Mr Handy or something.

As much as I enjoy Fallout games, Bethesda needs a new engine and to stop being soo lazy with certain things. Still feels like Fallout 3.5 vs 4

19. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ

You do realize you can go to any crafting bench in your settlement and select to store all of your junk, right? Then it will automatically break it down if needed. Example: You store 3 coffee cups. You are modding your laser rifle and need 2 ceramic (i think coffee cups are only 1 ceramic. for the sake of the example, let's just say they are). Two of your coffee cups get destroyed, but the 3rd remains and you can just as easily pull it back out to do whatever you want with. The crafting system will also tell you exactly what it's about to break down and how much you get out of it. Something like this:

Adhesive x2 (Duct tape)
    Ceramic (Coffee cup)
    Aluminum (TV Dinner tray)

etc

20. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

I was dumping stuff into various crafting stations but then it seemed that all that junk was only available at those specific stations and not universal to be available anywhere. So I have just been going back to Sanctuary breaking everything down there.

I have found so far they do a horrible job explaining how certain things actually function.

LOL I remember one time when I was fighting with Dogmeat to come over so I could load him up with loot I accidently commanded him to go somewhere. Well I can see where I left power armor on the map but not my Dog?