So are all Lace Alumitones really that bad?

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Emperoff, May 30, 2021.

1. Electric Wizard

Electric Wizard guy incognito

I think it's interesting some of you are saying it was too bright, while I felt like it was too dark. I guess they must be both sides of the same coin when it comes to there being no mid hump depending on your tuning and other gear.

2. Emperoff

Emperoff Not using 5150s Contributor

I might be some kind of masochist since I'm getting them anyway. 90€ for a set looks like a good deal for current prices. I'm very curious since the clean clips I've heard from them sounded awesome. If they suck that bad I can always flip them back.

I hate that when I find someting that looks about perfect for what I want, plenty of times it ends up being lackluster. Covered BKPs in soapbar format weight a metric ton compared to these, so I really wanted them to be good when they were released :lol:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  3. TheBolivianSniper

TheBolivianSniper SS.org Regular

I mean I loved the Deathbucker I had, really clear and tight, one of the best sounding pickups I had when I had a pretty muddy, flubby amp.

4. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

Never tried any of the 7-string versions, but the regular 6-string Alumitone & Deathbucker pickups were pretty dang good imo...

For anyone one that prefers the full spectrum that something like a traditional single coil has, they fill a need.