Smash and Grab

Discussion in 'Drums & Percussion' started by shpence, Dec 18, 2018.

1. shpence

shpence SS.org Regular

I’m interested in the GGD Smash & Grab plug-in as I’m not a huge fan of the (compression) plug-ins that come with Toontrack EZ/Superior drummer. I have sunk too much money into Toontrack stuff to abandon it anytime soon though haha. Anyone snag this plug-in yet? Seems like it could save some time whilst using multi-out.

2. isispelican

isispelican SS.org Regular

I'm definitely eyeballing it. Hi and low cut filters and also look ahead on the side chain are great features, I'm not sure if I've seen another comp that has all three. I love Nolly's sounds so I trust that it will be amazing, would also like to read what others think about it.

3. shpence

shpence SS.org Regular

14 day trial available. Almost wish I didn’t try it due to not wanting to return to how my drum mix was before. Well done GGD Marketing team.

4. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Haha well that’s entirely the idea behind the demo! We really think this compressor will help you get your drums to the next level, so with a trial you can see for yourself and then want to buy it because you actually use it!

5. MerlinTKD

MerlinTKD EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory Contributor

I finally got some drum mics (yay, Christmas :lol: ) and been working on recording and mixing at band practice... I'll probably be snagging the demo in the next week or so to try it out. I can post some comparison vids later, if it'd be helpful. :)

6. MerlinTKD

MerlinTKD EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory Contributor

Just like (the multi-national coffee shop) where I work... the first taste is free, after that you pay :lol:

7. CLAYSHAPER

CLAYSHAPER SS.org Regular

I'm using Smash and grab and it's easy, fast and sounds killer. I'm so happy about it.

Choop likes this.