Skervesen Guitars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skervesen Guitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Maciek, the purple guitar. What top wood is that?
Not typically figured but quilted maple.

behindthen0thing - we make guitars for certain orders. From time to time we have something for sale too :).

Plus some more!

11666185_941161222594540_5590062462443017105_n.jpg

11028010_820058811442751_6539236778919633549_n.jpg

11693866_820062848109014_4496289782826091286_n.jpg

Plus something EXTRA: Skervesen Amp prototype! In cooperation with MG Amplification, Gdańsk Poland, point-to-point construction:

11218974_820098174772148_2389047241595740335_n.jpg

11707619_820098171438815_7347696027861375856_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hey guys !

As I've mentioned before, I have a Shoggie SC7 under construction with the fellas of Skerv.

I have some questions to ask your recommendations for:

1) The string action (Skervesen Stock Spec)

0,9-1,0mm on highest string @ 12th fret -> 1,2-1,3mm ?
1,3-1,5mm on thickest string @ 12th fret -> 1,5-1,8mm ?

Have u guys been asking for something different on your Skervs ?

I know low action is a good thing for speed, but what about clarity or buzzing. I'm going to play also (sometimes mainly) jazz on the guitar. In that context, best possible clarity is the thing for me. The overall clean sound is very clean from a tube amp. Only reverb and sometimes delay. Buzz jeopardizes good sustain in more suspended, pedal point kinda parts..

*Basically I'm considering on requesting 0,2-0,3mm higher action..
I'm not a super fast player, so a little higher (read: normal) action is not a problem.. it's still a lot lower than in my jazz box ;) I prefer having my cleans absolutely clean, while overdriven sound is better with reasonable (not too low) action as well.. at least I feel like it.

2) Volume pot - treble sucking, high pass filter, transparency, muddiness

How do your Skervs' volumes work ? I've been building treble bleeds on some of my guitars to maintain as transparent as possible adjustability on volume, although with little bit of bass roll off in the beginning. I also like treble bleed in "from overdriven to slight break up" -context: It cleans the tone up nicely when rolled 15-25% back (coz of the bass cutting). I have a particular component combination for this and I'm considering requesting them to wire volume in mine in this particular way.. if it seems that there's some cons about the regular way.

Thanks in advance !

-L

Vladissonance

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
hi guys.
Been started my colaboration (till now uni directional) with skervesen for a Swan 7 in February. Was told I will get my first updates after ~ 6 weeks +/- but till now nothing. I've emailed them but, as they are starting to make a name for them by having 7+ days response time, I haven't received any.
I understand they are very busy and have a huge demand for their art guitars. But could I ask, when do I get to speak with the luthier to show what colour pathern do I want or what theme or other specifications?
Lately what is the waiting time for a skervesen guitar?

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
They reply in 7 days. At least with me. Try via FB or here, on sso sending private message. I am receiving updates of my order on regular basis. Can't wait for my guitar.....

Reaction score
They reply in 7 days. At least with me. Try via FB or here, on sso sending private message. I am receiving updates of my order on regular basis. Can't wait for my guitar.....

Haven't gotten anything by far.. it's a bit over 3,5 months from the deposit atm. Also 1,5 weeks without a reply to my email..

Gotta say this is a bit frustrating. Maybe they should get one more worker to customer service/orders/etc..

-L

Erockomania

Studio Geek
Reaction score
Haven't gotten anything by far.. it's a bit over 3,5 months from the deposit atm. Also 1,5 weeks without a reply to my email..

Gotta say this is a bit frustrating. Maybe they should get one more worker to customer service/orders/etc..

-L

I would imagine your build is ready to hit queue... not sure why they haven't responded yet unless they simply didn't have an update for you yet. :)

Vladissonance

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

well, lucky you! when did your guitar enter production? I was told mine should have entered in February, but till now no update, last time I got a reply they told me they even started it yet(this was in June-July). I really hope this whole thing is worth the wait :noplease::noplease:

Vladissonance

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

-L

Could not agree more! I payed in full at the end of February, no update since now and I am waiting at least 2 weeks + for a reply which usually is just a dismissive phrase. I think Skervesen are unique but the customer service...well...I do not want to have spit in my plate if you know what I mean...so...again I could make a referral to good ol' Southpark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC65OoXDMvo :noplease:

haieb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So Skervy does trems now?
Yes they do.

well, lucky you! when did your guitar enter production? I was told mine should have entered in February, but till now no update, last time I got a reply they told me they even started it yet(this was in June-July). I really hope this whole thing is worth the wait :noplease::noplease:
I feel you, it is frustrating to wait. I got mine after ~1 year and yes it was worth it. Just keep calm, they will hit you up as soon as they have an update for you. Constantly asking will make their life harder, cause one person has to answer all the mails :p

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Well its been over a year since I received mine, but , do you email or FB contact? Whenever I did a PM over facebook maciek got back to me within 72 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.