Skervesen Guitars

Status
Not open for further replies.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Also, it's past holiday season (everyone's done their gifts and splurges) and is instead (US) tax season, where people are waiting to know if they're getting rebates :p

angus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been waiting two years to find the right pieces of wood to have some more Skervesens built after the two I had built back in ~2012, and I finally found the right pieces. Time to contact Maciek. :scream::scream::scream:

2. I got an ebony top on mine but specified it have streaking will it look like this or just black with a bit of streaking?
Thanks guys.

That one you quoted was built for me- I ordered it with ebony (as in black), but they showed me this and asked if I was interested (which I was). The other one I ordered with black ebony arrived with a great gabon ebony top. The amount of streaking will depend on what they have obviously, but the one in the picture is a totally different species of ebony, so you may have had to specify it. Did you ask for a particular species (asian, maccassar, gabon, etc)?

Lotra

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I see a lot of NGDs on the facebook guitar groups.

I see them a lot there as well , but to sell . Some of them are NDG and FS post at same time!!!!

Don't misunderstood me I always love Skevys but due to see a lot of these " weird movements " I wonder if they are going through any kind of QC problem.
Maybe people just jumped in the hype train and now they realized they can't afford it. ...

Skervesen Guitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hiya!
QC is better than ever, we ship quite a number of guitars to Customers, email feedback is very positive. So why there is no so much NGDs? I don't know! :) Maybe people are getting lazy? :D

Maciek

Daeniel

7string n00b!
Reaction score
Lazy one here ;) just easier to post some pics on FB so that I have more time for playing my Skervesen! :fawk: But a NGD post should appear soon. I had three (currently one) to be honest and all of them are top notch. Sold an 8 string just 'cause I suck technically and another one 'cause I wanted to try different pups and it was just cheaper to sell mine and buy another one!

Skervesen rules! :hbang:

jayeshrc

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i feel like there are people who buy a skerv, not knowing really what they want (usually the 7/8 stringers), and then when they get it they realize that they ordered too many strings (or some spec that doesnt gel with them), they decide to sell :/

and its not just skervs. loads of other companies, but since skerv has lower prices for what seems to be pretty great quality i guess they get a lot more orders

just my opinion

Yianni54

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hiya!
QC is better than ever, we ship quite a number of guitars to Customers, email feedback is very positive. So why there is no so much NGDs? I don't know! :) Maybe people are getting lazy? :D

Maciek

Not everyone who buys a Skervy or any other high end guitar is a member on SS.ORG.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
I see new ones posted all the time on the facebook group. I agree with the death of the rep system thing. I think people use to be motivated to post every NGD because they got a kick out of seeing that E-peen grow lmao. Not that it matters to most of long term memebers though.

Yianni54

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
6-7 months last time I asked. I was going to do a second build but figured I would wait for the first and take it from there.

guitar-player

Reaction score
Hello! Tell me please of Skervesen standard 7-string neck dimentions: width, profile and radius. Thanks!

Hybrid138

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just double checking the controls... the switch closest to the neck is the pickup selector and the one closer to the bridge is acoustic-split-humbucker? When the switch is facing the headstock, that is acoustic mode?

Hybrid138

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Regarding the switches from Maciek

"Selectors:
closest to neck is pickup selector, right! Selector closest to jack input switches mods. From back to front: humbucking -> coil split -> acoustic mod.
Volume knob is not push pull but high quality BKP/CTS as you have all the options already in switches :)"

Status
Not open for further replies.