Show Your Pedalboard: 2022

Deadpool_25

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The patchbay is what I’m unsure about so far. I‘d rather have a permanently mounted patch bay that I plug/unplug XLR’s and shit in and out of, mainly to keep things nice and tidy without cables running on the board because I’m OCD about that stuff. I’m just not sure what my use-case is going to end up being yet to invest the time/money into making/buying one.

And I think I’m going to buy another Freqout just for the FM9 rig since my other one is mounted in the III’s rack (I use that small momentary switch on the FC6 board to engage it in the III). Even though I’m running into actual cabs, there’s still stuff I do with that Freqout I can’t do with just volume.
One of the other items on the way is an XLR Patchbox. The back of the FM9 is accessible enough but it might be cool to keep from plugging in and out of the onboard jacks. Then again it’s made for gigging so it’s made to last. Idk.

You certainly could perma-mount a patchbay. If I was doin that it’d have to be pretty comprehensive because as soon as I had it made and installed I’d probably change my use case up and be screwed. You might consider a few very well mounted boxes but swappable if needed.

RevDrucifer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
One of the other items on the way is an XLR Patchbox. The back of the FM9 is accessible enough but it might be cool to keep from plugging in and out of the onboard jacks. Then again it’s made for gigging so it’s made to last. Idk.

You certainly could perma-mount a patchbay. If I was doin that it’d have to be pretty comprehensive because as soon as I had it made and installed I’d probably change my use case up and be screwed. You might consider a few very well mounted boxes but swappable if needed.

Yeah, the constant unplugging/plugging in is a concern. I’m not so much worried about the quality of the FM9, but if someone steps on that while it’s plugged in, I’d rather have a patch bay go down than the jack on the FM9 itself. That and my OCD for having loose cables on the pedalboard.