Should I put a ventilation on my Bedroom Studio?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Kiju, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Kiju

Kiju Casual Producer

Is ventilation good for bedroom studio? If so, does having ventilation for air in and air out the same with only air out and an air conditioner? Which is better? Or does having a window only the same?

I live in a tropical country which have an average temp of 15-20C.

Thanks

2. LostTheTone

LostTheTone Elegant Djentleman

It depends really. For mic-recording then you absolutely do not want anything making any noise at all. Central air conditioning might be quiet enough in a professional studio, but my little air conditioner is way way way too loud to think about running it when I am doing vocals.

However, it is still worth having the air conditioner in there anyway, for when I'm not actively recording on a mic. Even running it for short periods to kick out the humidity and the hot air makes a lot of difference. A break to cool off, but without having to leave what you're working on, is nice.

And of course, if you use your recording space to record non-mic stuff, or to edit your recordings, then air conditioning and/or ventilation is very much appreciated then.

Kiju likes this.
  3. Kiju

Kiju Casual Producer

I forgot to mention, I don't do any recording much more a vocal recording. I'm only going to use it for Casual Producing and Mixing.
    I guess i'll go with an exhaust fan and an A/C then. Thanks

4. LostTheTone

LostTheTone Elegant Djentleman

All good dude - I definitely think that it's best to have more cooling/airflow in the room, even if you have to turn them off sometimes. For home studios there is often a problem with heat, even in non-tropical climates. Everything electrical puts out heat, you know? If I don't have a window open, my little studio/office gets to be about 5ish degrees hotter than the rest of the house by the end of the day, just doing my normal day job. That's in winter or summer. It generates heat, and keeps it in.

I really love my little air con unit, honestly, even though I seldom actually use it a huge amount. I actually use it in the bedroom more than the office, before bed time. But for the office, where there are these occasional days where it's just horribly hot and sticky and where I feel like I just can't do anything and it at least gets to be tolerable and I can heat it back up with more recording!

Kiju likes this.
  5. Sylim

Sylim SS.org Regular

in my little studio room it gets warm really quick. it´s not really that bad for the equipment, but it can get uncomfortable, especially in summer. so sure, work on some ventilation.

Kiju likes this.