Share your workout

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by BusinessMan, Aug 15, 2017.

1. MetalheadMC

MetalheadMC SS.org Regular

My old training partner makes plates 1.25 - 45lbs. Customized to how you like as well if you may be interested in prices to see if it's cheaper.

He started doing this early last year because of the shit that went on, and how people price gouged everything.

2. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

I think i'm good for now. Will reach out if that changes.

I think i'm going to try the 'farmer's strength' type of work out. Essentially work out everyday, but for short bursts of time, and maybe lift at 50% of my capacity. Once i've regained my old strength back, then maybe do PUSH/PULL/LEGS split or something

MetalheadMC likes this.
  3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Right now a dip belt for weighted squats with plates since I can’t use my arm. I got bored of not lifting after 2 days. About to start doing kettlebell cleans with my left side only. I’d rather be uneven than fat.

4. MetalheadMC

PPL is tried and true. One of the best ways to train, imo.

soliloquy likes this.
  5. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

I dont have any options to do pullups, so I'll have to find an alternative for now for those exercises, but whatever. still better than nothing

6. MetalheadMC

Lat pulldowns are secondary to pull-ups. Pullovers hit your Lats also. Just not in a vertical position.

soliloquy likes this.
  7. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

This week I found out what a Trap Bar is. I don't have the room but they are pretty useful in my brief experience.

FWP: i might have mentioned this already somewhere, but why do hotels, etc skip the fixed pullup/dip station? Like the cheapest and easiest piece of equipment to have and nope, have 3 rowers, and 4 loud, worn out treadmills, plus up to 30 lb dumbbells mmkay? Oh wait, here we have more shit but its mostly janked because we're not really a fitness company and hahahaha, deep breath, hahahahaha you think our guests do body weight pullups and dips?

8. MFB

MFB Banned

That's exactly why - the majority of people staying at a hotel aren't the type of gym rat who will be using the equipment; if they're in shape enough to be doing pull ups, then they'll most likely have a membership that is good at any club and go workout there.

Hell, even when I was in the prime of working out, if I took a vacation - I was on vacation from my life entirely, including workouts.

MetalheadMC likes this.
  9. MetalheadMC

100%

10. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

I hear ya, but I would never classify this as Gym Rat equipment nor am I anything close to a gym rat. Oh well.

[​IMG]

11. CovertSovietBear

CovertSovietBear Lord Bagel Supreme

I hope you AT LEAST donated the remaining amount of hair that fell off your head

12. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time

I've been doing the ATG/"Knees Over Toes" Zero program for about 4 weeks now. It's very interesting, sort of breaking down to very specific movements to start out. I don't know that my joints would articulate like that naturally. Which is probably why I kept injuring myself squatting and deadlifting. So far so good, my plantar fasciitis in my right foot has almost disappeared. My hips opened up and my hamstrings lengthened enough that I can touch my toes for the first time in my life (I'm 34 btw). After years of grinding myself down trying to do every 5x5/Starting Strength/powerlifting program, I finally decided to start thinking long term. Plus I think it's a worthy life goat at 34 to be able to dunk a basketball again. :lol:

mastapimp likes this.
  13. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

I always keep coming back to the Istvan Javorek complexes. Here is a very similar version of what I do, but I start with deads before the upright row, and break the back squat/press combo into press first then back squat.

LordIronSpatula likes this.
  14. mastapimp

mastapimp SS.org Regular

Interested to hear how this turns out. Did you sign up for the program through the website with online coaching or are you just following the exercises the program uses?

I did vert training for an entire summer in college and got up to 38.5" and could do some trick dunks, but have lost most of my jumping abilities since age 32. I ended up having some serious foot pain issues and the doctors/therapists explained to me that I had lost a ton of mobility in my left ankle after repeated sprains and my whole left leg was suffering. I got back into shape right before the pandemic and was grabbing the rim again, but no basketball and gym for 14 months has caused some of these issues to resurface. I'm in my late 30s and have never had any knee issues, so I'm also trying get in a few dunks before I'm 40.

15. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time

I bit the bullet and signed up for the official program. I felt really silly at first filming myself like an IG model, but my "coach" did fix a bunch of issues that I wouldn't have otherwise noticed. I'm only on week 4 of the zero, but my body legitimately feels better than it has in years. I don't know how much that is due to the program vs taking a break from heavy compound lifts. :shrug:

I will throw this out there, once you pay for the first month you have access to all the programs. So if you didn't want/need the coaching part you could pay for one month and just put all the programs on a spreadsheet or something and then cancel.

mastapimp likes this.
  16. mastapimp

mastapimp SS.org Regular

I'll research this while I try and shake off some of this pandemic dust. Played about 5 games of full court last night after doing absolutely nothing for over a year and feel like I was hit by a truck getting outta bed this morning. Once the soreness goes away I may join in as well. Thanks for the response!

17. wheresthefbomb

wheresthefbomb SS.org Regular

Every morning I do a pilates routine I got online years ago. I sprouted abs somewhere along the line, and now have muscles in places I didn't know there were muscles. They also massively improved my stamina for, uh, you know... stuff.

I was lifting free weights for a bit but that fell off, I'm not ripped or anything but never have felt like strength was an issue. More concerned with keeping my body healthy in a general sense as I begin to feel the signs of aging in my 30s. I plan to keep playing heavy guitars out of piles of heavy equipment until I drop dead or lose my mind, and I'll be god damned if I'm going to let some preventable-ass-bullshit stop me. This is really the core of my intrinsic motivation. I'm doing future-me a solid so he won't shake his fist at the sky and curse the folly of his younger self (at least, not for not-exercising).

I started running regularly about a year ago now. At first it was just ~5 mins to the end of my driveway and back but I do about 2 miles every morning now. Will eventually push it further. Running still sucks, I don't think I'll ever "enjoy" it as some claim to, but my body feels amazing all day long when I do, and that I enjoy immensely.

soliloquy likes this.
  18. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

thats awesome that whatever you're doing is working for you.
    i'm kind of beginning to feel age creep up to me at the age of 33(turning 34 in a week), and really do need to do something drastic to cut back the years of neglect i've put on my body/mind

19. CovertSovietBear

CovertSovietBear Lord Bagel Supreme

For variations on the main lifts, I'm thinking trapbar DL, board press, etc., are those implemented in lighter loads in your dynamic workouts later in the week, or are they implemented in heavy loads during the first heavy sessions?

Have only been into PL recently (with gyms now open) and following a generic 16 week program.

20. MetalheadMC

I use the variations early in the week on heavy days mainly. However, they can be used on your lighter days as accessory movements for extra volume.

On your heavy day, If you miss, or hit a sticking point on bench, the board Press can be added for extra volume then as well to help overcome that sticking point.

They can honestly be used anywhere in your training. Just depends on what you need.