Share Your Dumb Injuries!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AngstRiddenDreams, May 19, 2013.

1. wookie606

wookie606 Telecaster Fetish

I fractured a couple ribs when I rolled in my sleep over my own elbow. Sucked pretty bad.
    I also once had a dream I was kicking down a door and my partner at the time, wide awake was witness to me full force kicking the wall next to my bed in my sleep.

I should start sleeping in body armor.

BCrotchett likes this.
  2. Jake

Jake GAS Master

Last night I fell 12 or so feet straight down off of a vertical skate wall. Shit hurt

3. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

When I was little I pushed so hard trying to shit that I got a nosebleed.

4. Mexi

Mexi SS.org Regular

In gr.12, when I was still abusing lots of drugs at the time, I jumped off the roof of my house to prove to my brother that "I could do if if I wanted". couldn't get up for about 10 minutes, and I'm pretty sure I have lasting back problems. should probably get that checked out.

5. fwd0120

fwd0120 Bipedal Hominid

My dad shattered his attempting to kill a spider, wrecking his car...... 16 years ago, still ace-wrapping his leg..... :noplease:
    You got lucky, bro. :yesway:

Freudian slip, eh?

6. wat

wat SS.org Regular

I cut my hands all the time when I get drunk and start playing with knives. depr

7. muffinbutton

muffinbutton knows the muffin man

My dad works for the airport near my house, on the side he also does body work on cars. So naturally when the airport needs one of the gas tank truck things (whatever the fuck they're called) repainted he offers to do it. Well it had a few layers of decals on it. I was scraping them off with a razorblade. Me being the genius I am, decided to hold the blade at a really weird angle. it slipped, cut my wrist, deep. I saw something white in my arm. (not bone, it wasn't that deep) cleaned it, put a band aid and some masking tape on it. went back to work.

8. sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223 B.C. Rich loyalist

1. when I was five, I impaled my hand on a rock while trying to swing across a ditch on an old, rotten hanging vine that broke midway through the swing.

2. at age 8, i tried to jump my bike over a creek behind my house, fell short, and cracked my head open on a rock. Nearly drowned, and ended up with 18 staples in the back of my head.

3. At a Battle of the Bands in my junior year of high school, I tried to up the ante on our stage presence, and did a stage dive off the monitor. Crowd wasn't expecting it, and failed to catch me, and I ended up with a compound fracture of the tib & fib in my left leg and a torn achilles, and a total loss of any chance of winning the contest, as we were only two songs in :(

9. Nile

Nile Giver of the Likes

That would have been the fat in your arm.

10. ShiftKey

ShiftKey SS.org irregular

Put my foot up an a table to tie my laces at the start of work, my other leg decided to pop my kneecap out and twist around tearing the ligaments on one side - shockingly painful, have to be very careful with that leg and the way i walk/turn now and for the rest of my life, so random and silly.

Working in a commercial kitchen for a few years brought so many injuries I cant even remember them all I just have the scars, from spilling boiling water into my shoes, to slipping while sharpening a knife and cutting all my knuckles up, I also chopped the tip of my mad mother finger off on my fretting hand and dropped a knife into my wrist,also inverted sugar is a motherF'ckr to get off while it burns your skin,good times made me feel ALIVE!!!

11. muffinbutton

I figured. Wasn't entirely sure.

12. Labrie

Labrie King of the Swing

As someone who relies on people doing stupid shit for my job security, I approve this thread!

13. muffinbutton

Doctor or something medical related?

14. silent suicide

silent suicide Winter is coming

Wanted to practice wheelies on my bike when I was about 10,11 maybe..
    Foot slipt off the pedal, lost balance, foot went in the gearwheel where the chain runs..
    Putted sock over it and went inside thinking, try not to limp, try not to limp..

About 3 years ago I was working in a company that made industrial bakeries..
    Was putting up the guides for the electric cables inside one of the ovens, bad lighting is a bad thing to work in..
    So I wanted to make the ends all smooth with an angle grinder, and needed to aim a bit beter and placed my finger on the spinning blade.
    It didn't get to deep and it sort off got back together now.

15. Labrie

Labrie King of the Swing

Paramedic. I'll contribute a recent funny call. We got called for a lift assist. The patient lives by herself with this huge dog. She is also paraplegic and can't use her legs so she gets herself in and out of her wheelchair to move around. Well I guess the dog jumped up on her while she was in the wheelchair and came down on the foot rest and launched her across the room. She had no injuries and basically just wanted back into bed. As we tried to leave, the dog wouldn't let us out because he wanted to play so we had to strategically get a hotdog from the patients fridge and throw it across the house so the dog would run after it as we bolted out the door. We laughed for awhile over that call :lol:

16. The Spanish Inquisition

The Spanish Inquisition Unexpected

Fixed

17. zuzek

zuzek SS.org Regular

Engaged in a massive snowball fight with some buddies while on exchange in China. Picked the genius spot of a granite square encased in ice. One of my friends went down. I chuckled. You may guess who went down immediately after doing so. That resulted in an displaced elbow tip fracture.

Oh, and it was Friday the 13th. God did not love me that day.

18. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

Oh, also, when I was about 15 I was skateboarding down a huge hill with a couple friends, and trying to be funny I pulled my shirt over my face. I promptly fell backward off my board and knocked myself out cold. My friends thought I was dead until I awoke.

19. muffinbutton

I don't think it was THAT deep. I could still use it fine.