Seymour Duncan pickup preference poll

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by darren, Aug 10, 2011.

1. darren

darren Forum MVP

Hey, guys

I'm exploring engaging Seymour Duncan in an OEM deal so their awesome pickups will be standard equipment on Decibel Guitars.

I have my favourites, but i'd like to know what models you guys like and why. I've started a poll on the Decibel Facebook page, so head on over there and add your 2¢, as this will help me to gauge interest in humbuckers vs. singles and which models i'm likely to order first.

Thanks for your input!

--

As an aside, i'm surprised at how popular the Blackouts are... then again, i've never really been into active pickups at all. At least the Custom is in the lead for passives! :)

2. canuck brian

canuck brian Bowes Guitars Contributor

Parallel Axis - love 'em. You can put so much gain on your sound and they still ring out true.

I'm going to get a custom 7 set made of them for myself when i do another 7 for myself.

3. Razzy

Razzy [10]

Voted :) It took every fiber of my being not to be a smartass and add "Duncan-Designed," as an option. lol

4. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Return of the Dread-I

I like the pickups that come stock in the Jackson SL2H... What are they? The JB and the '59, I believe...?

I just found them to be instantly useable... What I mean by that is that I didn't have to spend a whole lot of time playing with the EQ to find tones that I liked and I felt that they balanced each other out REALLY well.

I've found that with some guitars I can EQ it so that I really like the bridge but not the neck and when I re-EQ to compensate I no longer like the tone I get from the bridge and vice versa. I did not find that to be the case at all with these pickups.

I also found this to be a very versatile pickup set and the "usability" I just described seemed to hold true on both the clean and dirty channels (at least through my personal experiences).

Unfortnately I have no other real experience with Seymour Duncan pickups. I briefly played a Blackout, but I don't think I'm in any position to comment on it as I didn't really get to play with it much.

5. daemon barbeque

daemon barbeque Banned

I have the first 7 string CS PATB and it is awesome. I am so happy that I didn't sell it in the past :)

My other favorits are Full Shred and Dunan Jazz Bridge.

I also Voted