Sextant (WIP, acoustic , lepou, sperimental, metal foundry, B4 II, etc)

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by arsenic, Apr 1, 2012.

1. arsenic

arsenic &

Sextant WIP by Juan Herrera on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

So I've been working on my album mix for the last few weeks and I believe I'm almost getting "there" I think, but I thought I'd need some external output and suggestions haha. This is a short and really simple track which is meant to work as a transition of sorts.

I used B4 II and Oatmeal for the synths, LeCto for guitars with the Sperimental IRs and The Metal Foundry for the drums. And I used a 58 to record the acoustic guitars, I dig the results quite a lot heh.

Thoughts? Tips and/or suggestions mix-wise? :D

Thanks and I hope you dig it!

2. arsenic

arsenic &

3. TheBotquax

TheBotquax SS.org Regular

The mix is really huge and open (ie. awesome) in the acoustic clean part, but it seems like distorted guitars could use a little bit of work standing out in the mix. If you lower the amount of drive, it should un-mush the sound and sound alot tighter!

4. arsenic

arsenic &

Thanks!
    Good point. I've listened to the thing like 902349 times as of now so I was getting kind of used to the gain amount and didn't even think of getting it a bit lower, lol.

Anyone got any tips on the drums? I'm overall happy with the sound but I think, for instance, that the toms could be improved a bit.