Serious noise issues when recording.

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by hypotc, Feb 20, 2012.

1. hypotc

hypotc SS.org Regular

Hi.

I'm having a bit of a problem when playing guitar near my computer. I'm thinking it has something to do with the soldering of the pickups, but I'm not sure.

The first noise is what the TSE X50 + TSE808 produce. I've cranked the Tone and Volume on the TSE808, therefore it produces lots of hiss. But about 5 seconds in you can hear me turn up the volume. As you hear, there is a constant humming coming in, and a ticking noise, that sounds kinda like a metronome.

I switch between these five pickup positions, from bridge to neck:
    http://resources.ibanez.com/resourc...hingSystems/zoom/HH_PARSPLIT_5WAYLEV_1V1T.jpg

Also, in the fourth position, Neck (parallell), you can hear that it goes away. Weird.

At about 00:25 I'm moving away from the computer, and facing the pickups in another direction. Then at 40secs I'm moving back again.

Any suggestions?

Here's the clip:
    noise1.mp3

EDIT: This started happening after installing the DiMarzio Liquifire and Crunch Lab. The Crunch Lab is installed with the bar facing the bridge.

2. Winspear

Winspear Tom Winspear

That's a lot of noise. I get what I'd call a shit ton from sitting close to my laptop, I think it's due to the PCI firewire card for my interface. But not that much!

Watches can cause ticking but yours isn't that. I'd probably say it's something from inside the PC? Whatever could cause ticking...

I've read about a lot of interference from inside the PC.

Sorry I can't help more!

EDIT: Didn't notice you said it happened after installing pickups. Was fine before? Mine's like it all the time on any instrument. Not to mention amp sims make a load of noise by themselves anyway even with low gain! :(

3. hypotc

hypotc SS.org Regular

Bump.

Seems like my PRS Custom 22 also takes in some noise, but it's not as far as much as the ibanez!

4. BadBovineNickel

BadBovineNickel SS.org Regular

I'm not going to guess as to the issue since I don't really know, but I will say that if you can post something using soundcloud or the like so people don't have to download anything, you might get more responses. Might...

good luck