Serial SSO bedlamite reemerges on Fractal Forum: Still Insane

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by budda, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Randy

Randy Taste the Rainbow™ Super Moderator

Thing with this guy was that he follows people around from forum to forum and basically cyberstalks them. He messaged me when things were going south here and he knew who I was friends with, where they hang out, who they were friends with, where they hang out, etc etc.

The guy isn't stupid and he's not computer illiterate despite the way he writes. I've known multiple people who changed their usernames or had their information wiped just to get away from the guy. When he gets triggered he picks a thing and obsesses over it and basically chases it down until he's exhausted everything there is to know about it. Wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    stevexc and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  2. Randy

So hey, maybe just get away from the fucking computer then? Fine if we're not gonna trivialize someone for having mental illness, so instead we give him a pass to terrorize people? Doesn't work like that.

There's lots of people that have mental illness and still function or are at least civil. His behavior is between borderline and outright criminal.

You have to be able to separate the person from the illness. If you want to be woke about characterizing a person's struggles, the worst thing you can do to put them below "normal people" is to put them ABOVE criticism. I don't think the APA has a whitepaper about diagnosing and treating cyberstalking and threatening people on the internet unprovoked.

3. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Are there deleted posts in that thread, or...? Trying to make the connections this person is making is, uh... what? Did he forget his meds?

4. InfinityCollision

InfinityCollision SS.org Regular

Absolutely not. I don't know how you got that from my posts, but please back up a bit.

Acknowledging that the solutions to their difficulties aren't as trivial to implement or stable to maintain as they might appear from a state of relative well-being != their conduct is okay in any way, shape, or form. That post was solely in response to prior posts about how "easy" it is for an individual to resolve their own serious mental health issues like this. I don't condone yellow's behavior at all, and as noted previously I've experienced some of that firsthand. It was a memorable enough experience that just seeing the name immediately connected a lot of dots for this thread.

e: I'm also not sure where you get off making this about being "woke"? It's not.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    AxeHappy likes this.
  5. Randy

Here's the quote you springboarded off of

Didn't say "just take a pill and everything will go away", he pointed out the fact that this guy basically does this over and over again, and he obviously has moments of clarity or cognition, yet never apologizes, never excuses or prefaces himself. So now we're talking about a guy with a mental illness and also, objectively, no humility. :shrug:

6. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

7. stevexc

stevexc SS.org Regular

Absolutely - I'm actually very convinced he's been regularly posting here under an additional account since November, which I had initially discounted as being him because it was just too... coherent. I'm obviously not going to name names as I'd prefer to not start a witch hunt against a potentially innocent member.

USMarine75, StevenC and Randy like this.
  8. jco5055

jco5055 SS.org Regular

let's be honest, if it is him he'll eventually slip up and post something quite strange.

Also, does anyone know if his last name begins with an F? I only ask because I'm reminded of a now deleted user who I sold a guitar to who seemed rather eccentric, but I chalked that up to them being I think like a teenage or 20 year old girl, but I was slightly confused by the shipping address being to a Christopher (but chalked it up to the user maybe being trans or something)....would be very curious if that's who this is (and now I think it is because they addressed me by my first name on the gear page in the related thread, and nothing in my profile has my name listed).

9. stevexc

stevexc SS.org Regular

It does. Was the user in NY?

jco5055 likes this.
  10. jco5055

jco5055 SS.org Regular

Yep! Oh lord, it was him lol. The username was a fruit+a form of government if anyone remembers. I sold my Ibanez RG7620 to him.

11. stevexc

stevexc SS.org Regular

Yup that was one of the 8 or 9 alts we found. Defs him.

USMarine75 and jco5055 like this.
  12. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

I like that he was so blunt and quick to assert that he wasn't going to get any useful advice from SSO. And boy was he right.

JimF and StevenC like this.
  13. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

Thread is locked at FAS, for the better.

14. broangiel

broangiel SS.org Regular

Not just locked. Straight up nuked. It’s gone.

Musiscience and USMarine75 like this.
  15. ferret

ferret Not worthy

Maybe we should ask Jeries about it.

16. budda

I mentioned the issues to a mod, figured why leave up a slanderous thread when the party involved didnt actually do anything wrong.

17. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Honestly, I'm not even certain what exactly went on. He didn't get progress pics or something, almost sent someone a guitar that UPS supposedly told him was a "scam," and...?

Someone got a cliff notes version that is a little more in depth than "he's off his rocker"?

18. budda

Thread was taken down as I had reported it based on the info in this thread.

19. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

Oh shit not PineappleTechnocracy!

Hollowway, JimF and jco5055 like this.
  20. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Are you sure it's not UgliOligarchy? It's just as much fun, if not more, to say.

JimF likes this.