SD Livewire Metal output jumper and other questions

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by RichIKE, Oct 22, 2012.

1. RichIKE

RichIKE Warforged

quick question, i have the seymour duncan livewire metal pickup in my guitar and the output is getting a little too hot for me. I still have the included optional resistor to pad the output, so maybe i can possibly get some clean tones with this thing haha. My question is where do I put the resistor, the included schematic does not show where.

Another question is what would be a good neck pickup that could come closer to the output of this thing (once i put the jumper) but still retain a great clean tone. (I just want the disparities between the output of the pickups to be less evident.) Probably something passive as I have no more room for batteries in my guitar. The guitar is a Gibson SG faded.

2. RichIKE

RichIKE Warforged

anyone?

3. purpledc

purpledc Proud blacksheep

is it the same at the blackouts model where you can add a jumper to the back of the pickup? I thought the resistor that was includes was so you could wire it in series with the hot wire and run it with passives in a strat. I didnt think the resistor was to actually lower the output of the pickup. And if their is a jumper on the back is should be lower output with the jumper removed not added.

4. RichIKE

RichIKE Warforged

yes, but i believe in this case the jumper in reduces the output, where with the blackout it is the other way around

5. imaginary

imaginary SS.org Regular

Unless they had more than one live Wire "metal":

To reduce output level, connect a 100k inbetween the "Hot" lead and top of the 25k potentiometer.
    [​IMG]
    I had one in the 90's. it was ridiculous;)

6. Petie

Petie SS.org Regular

Let us know what you think of the results!