SD Jazz/JB vs BKP Juggernaut

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by alexanderhelling, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Emperoff

Emperoff Not using 5150s Contributor

Owning both sets, I'd take a JB/Jazz set any day. The Jazz neck is my favourite neck pickup of all time, and it balances really well with the JB (unlike the Juggernaut "callibrated" set). The middle position of the JB/Jazz is awesome for cleans and edge of breakup tones.

The Juggs may be better at low tunings, but a JB with a boost has been the sound of many, many bands tuning low with great success. And if you need a more modern and tighter JB, the Pegasus will get you there.

2. Necky379

Necky379 SS.org Regular

I just reinstalled a JB in my main 7 after taking it out years ago. I’m glad I gave it another chance, I freaking love JB’s now. A5 and wound hot seems to be where it’s at.

3. Crazy_Guitar

Crazy_Guitar SS.org Regular

Exactly. That's one thing YouTube reviews will never reproduce: feeling!
    So, as I always say, take any review with a grain of salt. ;-)

Great videos, BTW! Thanks a lot!

Emperoff likes this.
  4. SubsonicDoom99

SubsonicDoom99 SS.org Regular

I have tried the JB in the neck. It's a cool sound, not one that I found that works well in just any guitar though.
    Tried it once in a Jackson Soloist (Alder body wood) and I just didn't really jibe with it. Something about the upper-mids was too harsh for my taste.
    Tried it again in a Gibson LP with mahogany wood, and it screamed and sang in a beautiful way! Had a JB in the bridge as well.
    Really loved the way the pickup responded in that situation and I would gladly use it again.